Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Aye Maddison as 40 million is a good price, if we don’t go for that then we clearly have other priorities like Szoboszlai.

He's easily in the Mac Allister bracket and he's £20m more. I know he's only got a year left but think we have to take that out of the equation. £40m for a 26 year old with his ability and proven record in the PL is a snip. 

The idea that we'd take a knockback from an enquiry so dramatically is amusing, like we won't be putting the feelers out all over the place.

Reminds of last summer when Edwards reported that we'd changed our whole transfer strategy and Ashworth had to be pulled off the roof of SJP because we couldn't sign a right winger.

From Baldy's article:

Phillips looks like someone who would fit well into Newcastle’s system, but there has been no progress made on the deal at this stage.

Newcastle are in the market for two new midfielders this summer and other targets include Nice’s Khéphren Thuram, Brighton’s Moises Caicedo and Southampton’s Roméo Lavia. Leicester City’s James Maddison is also a player of keen interest from Newcastle’s recruitment team.

One player who will not be signing for Newcastle this summer is Celta Vigo midfielder Gabri Veiga. Reports in Spain had suggested Newcastle were in advanced talks with the player but this had been denied by several sources at St James’ Park who deny the player will be heading to Tyneside.

27 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's easily in the Mac Allister bracket and he's £20m more. I know he's only got a year left but think we have to take that out of the equation. £40m for a 26 year old with his ability and proven record in the PL is a snip. 

Fabrizio reckons Mac Allister has a release clause less than £45/50m, which if true is a bargain

4 minutes ago, sempuki said:

From Baldy's article:

Phillips looks like someone who would fit well into Newcastle’s system, but there has been no progress made on the deal at this stage.

Newcastle are in the market for two new midfielders this summer and other targets include Nice’s Khéphren Thuram, Brighton’s Moises Caicedo and Southampton’s Roméo Lavia. Leicester City’s James Maddison is also a player of keen interest from Newcastle’s recruitment team.

One player who will not be signing for Newcastle this summer is Celta Vigo midfielder Gabri Veiga. Reports in Spain had suggested Newcastle were in advanced talks with the player but this had been denied by several sources at St James’ Park who deny the player will be heading to Tyneside.

Sorry did everyone expect them to turn round and say well aye Luke that’s someone we are looking at and will be a Newcastle player soon. ?

11 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Sorry did everyone expect them to turn round and say well aye Luke that’s someone we are looking at and will be a Newcastle player soon. ?

I was thinking the same 

Why would a senior source give out vital information on potential player signings (if we are really serious) we would keep it under wraps 

However agents / others close to the player/ players agent / etc ….will open their mouths to start an auction 

Newcastle United are intensifying their efforts to sign Fenerbahce attacking midfield sensation Arda Guler, sources have told Football Insider.

22 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Fabrizio reckons Mac Allister has a release clause less than £45/50m, which if true is a bargain

As an AM, I think Maddison is a bigger bargain. Mac Allister is a fine player, but his output is seriously bumped up by the penalties. Aside from them he had 4 goals from 74 shots.

I suppose it depends on Bernardo and Gundogan, but I could see Maddison disappointing us and going to Man City.

7 minutes ago, Stottie said:

As an AM, I think Maddison is a bigger bargain. Mac Allister is a fine player, but his output is seriously bumped up by the penalties. Aside from them he had 4 goals from 74 shots.

I suppose it depends on Bernardo and Gundogan, but I could see Maddison disappointing us and going to Man City.

Wouldn’t disappoint me.

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Newcastle United are intensifying their efforts to sign Fenerbahce attacking midfield sensation Arda Guler, sources have told Football Insider.

Can’t find the article