Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

You’ll be lucky to get one of those the way things are going.

Yes, things are so awful aren't they.

We've only spent £145 million on the team this year, and have started the season without a loss or a goal conceded after two games. God help us!!!

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yes, things are so awful aren't they.

We've only spent £145 million on the team this year, and have started the season without a loss or a goal conceded after two games. God help us!!!

That's not really a valid point.  It's not about how much money has been spent, it's about which areas of the team need strengthening and which are ok.

Defensively we weren't too bad last year but if you go back through the threads the one consistent note is that our attack lacks depth and quality, particularly at striker and RW. 

1 minute ago, loki679 said:

That's not really a valid point.  It's not about how much money has been spent, it's about which areas of the team need strengthening and which are ok.

Defensively we weren't too bad last year but if you go back through the threads the one consistent note is that our attack lacks depth and quality, particularly at striker and RW. 

Agree, but I still think this will be addressed in the final couple of weeks of the transfer window. If it isn't then questions will be asked.

This! The window so far hasn't been good enough. Hopefully that will change.

Now it's not about how much money has been spent ... some of you lot are incredible man. You really are.

So the players we spent that money on were all just a waste of money and didn't make a difference to the team. Righty ho.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Now it's not about how much money has been spent ... some of you lot are incredible man. You really are.

So the players we spent that money on were all just a waste of money and didn't make a difference to the team. Righty ho.

Nobody has said that.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think you've misread his post.

3 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Nobody has said that.

Just wait till the window closes before all the crying man.

They've built a team strong enough to not be completely useless until then.

So if they want to wait till the end of the window to have a full scope of what is available then let them do so.

Just now, KaKa said:

So if they want to wait till the end of the window to have a full scope of what is available then let them do so.

Who's crying?  What are you talking about? :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I don't think they wanted to not have any attacking additions by this point, they've been unable to get any is the reason we are where we are at the minute.

5 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Nobody has said that.

For whatever reason they have found it easier or more straightforward to build from the back, and they've done a hell of a job of it, and have spent a ton of money doing so. I think your post brushes over that.

It's proven more complicated to get the calibre of players they want further up the pitch, and so seemingly they are choosing to go right down to the wire with it, but seemingly that is not good enough for people, despite the fact we've started the season well.

Think it's a bit cheeky to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Seeing the reaction to the likes of Phil Mickelson from Americans for playing on the Saudi tour, Pulisic might get a bit twitchy about it?

Imo he’d get a very hard time in the American press. 

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

I don't think they wanted to not have any attacking additions by this point, they've been unable to get any is the reason we are where we are at the minute.

Well that's the way transfers go sometimes. Won't be the first or last time. 

If I had to guess I'm pretty certain we'll get at least two in before the window closes and they'll be players that make an impact.

All people have said is that we need a striker and a RW.  Your histrionics do nobody any favours.

Yeah, we all know we need those though.

What does whining about that everyday acheive?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Well that's the way transfers go sometimes. Won't be the first or last time. 

If I had to guess I'm pretty certain we'll get at least two in before the window closes and they'll be players that make an impact.

I think we will also

A couple of months ago I'd have expected us to have a couple of attackers in before the season started though, so I just can't be pretty certain at the minute.