Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If they loan CHO, won't he have a year only left on his contract at the end of the season?

Probably add a year on as a condition of going on loan as a lot of clubs do these days.

8 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Probably add a year on as a condition of going on loan as a lot of clubs do these days.

Hopefully along with that they also stipulate a fee should we wish to buy next Summer, similar to the Targett deal. Excited by CHO, think he could finally have that breakout year under Howe. 

As the old saying goes... buy cheap, buy twice.

I personally believe we could have went out and bought the likes of Dennis, Carlos, Sarr and other similar players this window but long term they would all need to be replaced again for where we want to be the following seasons.

Yeah they would strengthen this years squad but if you can hold your nerve and snap up the next level player before the window slams shut you will actually end up saving money long term.

I'm still pressing the refresh button in hope every 10 mins mind!

I think you can tell from Howe's comments that he would love to have done more business early but has to admit the market and constraints (argue all you want if these constraints are the market or us and how we an operating) that the window has been at least frustrating. 

If we were going to spend in Jan I would be mad if we miss out on someone now for 5/10% more money offered just to risk spending again in a much harder market rather go hard now and pass Jan by. 

I could be satisfied with 1 more signing depending on the deal and the calibre of the player but I do feel we need 2 or 3 more additions. We could get 3 players in and I could be very underwhelmed due to how long they have spent just to get in player X, Y , Z. I think the fact I dont know how I will feel because I don't have all the facts and the window remains open I am prepared to hold off being opening critical until the window closes and we see where we are. 

I think as the window nears to a close we'll be more likely to either pay that extra £5-£10m to get a priority target over the line, or we'll be able to get a loan deal as someone becomes available. 

There's no way we don't do anything at all IMO, would be such a miss if we didn't strengthen the front end of the pitch.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

I think as the window nears to a close we'll be more likely to either pay that extra £5-£10m to get a priority target over the line, or we'll be able to get a loan deal as someone becomes available. 

There's no way we don't do anything at all IMO, would be such a miss if we didn't strengthen the front end of the pitch.

If any of those bids we have made are true  I wonder how many remain on the table I wonder if any of the selling clubs will be more likely to do business for lack of alternative offers. 

I said this to a mate last night, Chilwell could be one to watch next Summer. Even when he is back fully fit I imagine Tuchel is going to go with Cucurella over him. Start of the Summer had us looking at more progressive LBs, before sticking with Targett. Wouldn't be shocked if Chilwell is available next Summer, and if he is (assuming we have had another good year and are then looking towards European qualification in 23/24) we should be going in for him.  

37 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Our new CEO is due to start the role in a few days, before end of week in any case. I wonder if that’s a reason for delay? Perhaps just in time to ink some deals to inflate the transfer budget?

If we where on the verge of inking new commercial deals we could do that without waiting for him surely ?

If we'd offered the current market value for Maddison (£60m) with the bulk of it up front then I'm sure Leicester would have sold him to us by now. However we tried to low-ball them and they've quite rightly told us to fuck off.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Our new CEO is due to start the role in a few days, before end of week in any case. I wonder if that’s a reason for delay? Perhaps just in time to ink some deals to inflate the transfer budget?

Commercial deals of the size that could alter our budget, and that would probably be related party deals, will need PL sign-off so it's not just a case of our CEO signing-off on them.

Our budget this season isn't really that limited in terms of FFP, according to that Swiss Ramble twitter thread, including the cost of the transfers we've already made we could afford to spend another £300m on transfers without being in danger of failing FFP this season.

The issue would come in two years if we don't increase our revenue. If our revenue doesn't increase over the next two years by his calculations we could spend only another £100m in transfers over that time before FFP becomes an issue. That increase in revenue isn't an issue for right now, provided that it does increase over the next two years, which it clearly will.

Although we clearly don't have an unlimited budget we do still have plenty of ability to spend without FFP being an issue, I think a lot of the talk of FFP being an issue is still the club trying to improve it's bargaining position which other clubs who think we have an unlimited budget.

Edited by Jackie Broon

6 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

We don't have the bulk of £60m up front to spend due to ffp that's why we are offering low starting bids and spreading costs

Yes I understand that, even if we had offered £60m for him theres no way they were going to accept £12-15m a year spread over 4/5 years.

Edited by Beth