Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

This time last year the squad was relegation cannon fodder. Now it’s top 10 material. In one year that’s quite the turnaround.

If you look at the teams that go down the most common reason is they cannot defend (hence the career of Sam allardyce, all he did was fix defences), so it’s no surprise when the club was bottom of the league in January the focus was on the defence.

That means it’ll be a bit longer before the attacking line up is equally revamped. In the meantime enjoy watching a team compete in every league game, instead of getting battered with 20% possession every time, home and away.

Just now, Sean said:

I think we will also

A couple of months ago I'd have expected us to have a couple of attackers in before the season started though, so I just can't be pretty certain at the minute.

OMG STOP WHINING AND CRYING YOU BABY

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, things are so awful aren't they.

We've only spent £145 million on the team this year, and have started the season without a loss or a goal conceded after two games. God help us!!!

I didn’t say things are awful, but we are struggling to make the signings the club wanted at the start of the window.

This place is getting well rawky when it comes to anything remotely negative.

Just now, Kimbo said:

I didn’t say things are awful, but we are struggling to make the signings the club wanted at the start of the window.

This place is getting well rawky when it comes to anything remotely negative.

I just don't understand why you can't just wait till the window closes man. There's never any guarantees of when signings are done by.

I mean I get that some people like having a bit of a whinge, but equally some others will find it tedious and a bit irritating, and so will comment on it as well.

It's just the nature of the beast really. Can't wait for the window to close whether we sign anyone or not that's for sure.

You may have the opinion that this hasn't been a good transfer window to date. Others may think that it is and there are those that are waiting until September to form an opinion, those people might debate with you. Going 'OMG its like RAWK on here' when someone disagrees with your opinion is really odd.

Paraphrasing but "You'll be lucky to get one of those signings the way things are going" sounds a lot like whining.

Be glad when the window is over, the sharp insight that we need better players is starting to get a bit old.

I am waiting until the window is closed, I have little option. I’m cautiously optimistic that we can bring in one significant player before the deadline (but it may be a loan), but if we got 3 I think I’d faint.

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Paraphrasing but "You'll be lucky to get one of those signings the way things are going" sounds a lot like whining.

Be glad when the window is over, the sharp insight that we need better players is starting to get a bit old.

Well how do you think the search for attacking players has gone so far?

Just now, Kimbo said:

It's a rock and a hard place. Can't spend too much due to FFP; but no point getting people in who aren't a proper step up. The situation is obviously not ideal. What's the solution? Fucked if I know :)

33 minutes ago, loki679 said:

That's not really a valid point.  It's not about how much money has been spent, it's about which areas of the team need strengthening and which are ok.

Defensively we weren't too bad last year but if you go back through the threads the one consistent note is that our attack lacks depth and quality, particularly at striker and RW. 

We lack quality in attack and depth in midfield. 

34 minutes ago, loki679 said:

That's not really a valid point.  It's not about how much money has been spent, it's about which areas of the team need strengthening and which are ok.

Defensively we weren't too bad last year but if you go back through the threads the one consistent note is that our attack lacks depth and quality, particularly at striker and RW. 

We lacked depth all over the park until we brought Pope and Botman in.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It's very difficult to say, because it depends on what is going on behind the scenes.

If we land Isak before the window closes because we finally managed to get Sociedad to agree to a fee that worked for us then I'd say amazing!

If we end up not getting anyone at all then incredibly disappointing.

It could be either extreme still really. We'll find out soon enough though.