Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That's not how it works. They can't afford him outright.

If we bid for him and Chelsea accepts we'll sign him.

Neither can we if we are bidding for Ramos or any other striker for that matter 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We don't know what Chelsea's price is yet.

Kante may well be injured but Chelsea are not being hesitant about going for more signings this summer, and so they would just go and replace him and Gallagher if they sold him.

They are pretty strong on home grown quotas regardless with the likes of Mount, James, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Sterling, CHO etc.

As far as Gallagher being a starter after a few years, apparently he's eager to push forward after his loan last year that saw him get into the England team, and he wants to push for a World Cup place. Can't see him going from that to sitting around for two years, while Chelsea continue to recruit flashy names from all and sundry.

I think we'll be in with a good chance tbh. The rumoured bid from us of £40 million would be a very strong offer.

He's much better than Gordon imo and £40m is what Chelsea offered Everton. I think it'll take at least £55m for Chelsea to entertain us for Gallagher. (based on nothing but a hunch)

What worries me is that none of our supposed targets seem all that realistic. Diaby, Maddison and now Pulisic. None of them feel achievable, either through lack of player interest or through us not being able to agree a fee. 

Just over two weeks left and we really need attacking options if we are to kick on this season. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

That's a different conversation altogether.

I get the feeling from that article and the stories of going to bid for Ramos we are looking at Chelsea players to loan not buy 

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He's much better than Gordon imo and £40m is what Chelsea offered Everton. I think it'll take at least £55m for Chelsea to entertain us for Gallagher. (based on nothing but a hunch)

£55 million is in the region of what Leicester are asking for Maddison. Cannot see Chelsea asking that for Gallagher at all.

Chelsea typically tend to let players they aren't intent on keeping leave for fairly reasonable prices.

Tomori left for around £25million last summer and Abraham for around £35 million.

Ive gotta feeling we will only get 1 more in now like. Wouldn't surprise me if there was no more signings actually, its went quiet as fuck and we've already shown we won't pay certain amounts etc etc

*I know I've got no idea what's happening but that's just my hunch*

Just now, jack j said:

Ive gotta feeling we will only get 1 more in now like. Wouldn't surprise me if there was no more signings actually, its went quiet as fuck and we've already shown we won't pay certain amounts etc etc

*I know I've got no idea what's happening but that's just my hunch*

We have £40m we’ll get at least one in and the last couple of days will be trying to sort out a loan 

Just now, gdm said:

We have £40m we’ll get at least one in and the last couple of days will be trying to sort out a loan 

Are we just gonna spend 40 million for 40 millions sake though? It all seems to be about our valuation of players.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

What worries me is that none of our supposed targets seem all that realistic. Diaby, Maddison and now Pulisic. None of them feel achievable, either through lack of player interest or through us not being able to agree a fee. 

Just over two weeks left and we really need attacking options if we are to kick on this season. 

Pulisic sounds pretty doable. The other two not so much.

Just now, jack j said:

Are we just gonna spend 40 million for 40 millions sake though? It all seems to be about our valuation of players.

Won’t be for 40 millions sake it’ll be because we holes in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I get the feeling from that article and the stories of going to bid for Ramos we are looking at Chelsea players to loan not buy 

The stories of going to bid for Ramos and also now of going to bid for Gallagher are interesting.

If the deals are structured favourably we may be able to do both. Otherwise it might be one or the other. Alternatively, like you say perhaps Gallagher would be an initial loan with an obligation attached.

The market will open up in the final two weeks. Most teams will have completed their business and know which players they want to keep, which they're happy to get rid of and which ones are determined to leave themselves in order to get first team football. We've never been active at this end of the market so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Gordon can see Everton are sinking already, Chelsea's fringe players are getting nowhere near the first team, we're unbeaten in two - things that can potentially influence transfer activity are changing by the week

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

The market will open up in the final two weeks. Most teams will have completed their business and know which players they want to keep, which they're happy to get rid of and which ones are determined to leave themselves in order to get first team football. We've never been active at this end of the market so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Gordon can see Everton are sinking already, Chelsea's fringe players are getting nowhere near the first team, we're unbeaten in two - things that can potentially influence transfer activity are changing by the week

This exactly. I think there's a number of players that we're interested in that clubs were waiting till after a full pre season to determine if they'd be made available or not. We will move in these final two weeks and get players in.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

£55 million is in the region of what Leicester are asking for Maddison. Cannot see Chelsea asking that for Gallagher at all.

Chelsea typically tend to let players they aren't intent on keeping leave for fairly reasonable prices.

Tomori left for around £25million last summer and Abraham for around £35 million.

Different owners then though!

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Won’t be for 40 millions sake it’ll be because we holes in the squad. 

If they feel that the players they want meet the valuation aye. If not they won't. They seem to want that level above but don't agree with paying the fees asked for them. So are they then going to drop down a tier of target then value a player at the same valuation they think their top targets were worth?

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I'm really not sure he leaves for a team not in Europe tbh. Wages wont attract him because he's already on a decent wedge either. 

Maybe I'm biased but I think Newcastle is a pretty attractive destination for most players in the Premier, especially those who have been sitting on the bench for a long time.

Just now, jack j said:

If they feel that the players they want meet the valuation aye. If not they won't. They seem to want that level above but don't agree with paying the fees asked for them. So are they then going to drop down a tier of target then value a player at the same valuation they think their top targets were worth?

We’ll get someone in like you say probably a tier below what we’ve been trying for so far. I reckon we’ll get Ramos personally 

3 minutes ago, NWMag said:

What about 

Ramos - loan with obligation

Gallagher - permanent

Pulisic - loan

Would be very happy with that

You’ll be lucky to get one of those the way things are going.