Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

Guest HTT II

There was nowt wrong with Miggy’s end product today, but often it was only Wilson in the box and he was often getting onto balls at such a fast pace all he could do was try and get the ball onto the danger area. If he plays like that and we do regularly and can get more players into the box we will get more goals, they couldn’t cope with him all game.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

There was nowt wrong with Miggy’s end product today, but often it was only Wilson in the box and he was often getting onto balls at such a fast pace all he could do was try and get the ball onto the danger area. If he plays like that and we do regularly and can get more players into the box we will get more goals, they couldn’t cope with him all game.

I'm inclined to agree except for ince at the Leazes when he should have shot with his right. 

If we’re going to progress, Almiron needs to be replaced. I like the guy, but he’s the weakest link in our starting 11. He looked good against a poor Forest. Match Bruno up with a quality winger who can finish and that game would’ve been over after 30 minutes.

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I thought the same tbh, he put in some great little crosses low across the box, but there was no one in the box other than Wilson who was being strangled by three defenders.

It's a good point about them having 3 CBs in the box at all times when we were attacking, alot of teams won't. Most teams bar 6/7 will come and sit back to some extent. We need to handle that better.

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62358050

Just me that seems this is a bit of a weird match report?

Forest were dreadful and only frustrated us by taking forever on restarts. And seems a bit critical of us despite us playing really well

Seems about right to me.

We dominated but were fairly toothless in attack.  They were under the cosh but held their lines for a good while.