Brighton vs. Newcastle United: 13/08/22 @ 3PM (No UK TV)

15 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We’ve apparently never won there in Premier League (or Cups), though did once in the Championship.  But then records are there for the breaking. On a less optimistic note, they had never won at Old Trafford until last weekend. 
I’ve gone for a draw (we’ve had three draws there in PL—and two losses). 

We would have won there last season, had Wilson not been tripped by their keeper.

Just now, Klaus said:

We would have won there last season, had Wilson not been tripped by their keeper.

That convinced me they should change the rule for pens. That was outside the box but should've been a pen, yet some shit ricochet off an elbow going away from a goal is a pen? At the time was thinking that could've relegated us.

So putting some thought into this , tough game and a good test of where EH has this team. Brighton are a good team, move the ball well , but so do we .

Win this and I will believe top 8 is on , would love a point in truth but I think we go into this with a degree of confidence. 

An interesting game this one , difficult to call 

1-1 

37 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

That convinced me they should change the rule for pens. That was outside the box but should've been a pen, yet some shit ricochet off an elbow going away from a goal is a pen? At the time was thinking that could've relegated us.

I know what you mean, it enraged me too. Think it's tricky to change the rules though. The punishment is the auto red card for the keeper, doubled by them having used all their subs. The shit part of it was the fact there was barely any time left. It's one of those where, if that chance happens earlier in the game, the smart move for the keeper is to just let Wilson past to score. Like what Clark should have done V Norwich.

16 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I know what you mean, it enraged me too. Think it's tricky to change the rules though. The punishment is the auto red card for the keeper, doubled by them having used all their subs. The shit part of it was the fact there was barely any time left. It's one of those where, if that chance happens earlier in the game, the smart move for the keeper is to just let Wilson past to score. Like what Clark should have done V Norwich.

Clark vs Norwich was the best decision in the history of football.

4 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

So Pope and Targett both out?

No Pope is playing (again according to what I have been told). I think it was just a very strange joke from Keith Downie with the whole Nick Pope trending thing.

1 hour ago, Toonjam88 said:

No Pope is playing (again according to what I have been told). I think it was just a very strange joke from Keith Downie with the whole Nick Pope trending thing.

You trust this source?

It would be a blow to have Targett out if true