Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Athletic have announced that Valverde is leaving, which makes him 99% cert to be our next manager.

I'm of two minds. I like his work, but I'm not sure he has the character to manage our dressing room.

Previous Espanyol connection not going to be a hindrance?

Athletic have announced that Valverde is leaving, which makes him 99% cert to be our next manager.

I'm of two minds. I like his work, but I'm not sure he has the character to manage our dressing room.

Previous Espanyol connection not going to be a hindrance?

Nah, not really. That never plays a part. Countless examples of beloved players that went to play/manage across town without issues. Some even became legends for both clubs (like Zamora).

What about Pochettino? Would he be accepted? Ignoring the fact he says he would never manage you.

Ignoring that, yeah. But if he now made the move - having said that - it would be different and lots of PR would be needed. Plus Espanyol fans would be livid themselves (moreso than Barça's). But it would be more due to the fact that he played the superfan card.

Here's a list of players that made the switch between Barça and Espanyol, some pretty big names: http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/04/27/album/1493324728_762976.html#1493324728_762976_1493325628

Are you a Catalan VI?

Yeah, of course. Barcelona born and bred.

Don't you live down the road from the Camp Nou?

Used to. Last year I moved to a larger flat out of town.

It was down the road from the Camp Nou, and a couple blocks off the gymnasium where the club was founded. But for the same rent I live on a place twice as big now.

Here's a list of players that made the switch between Barça and Espanyol, some pretty big names: http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/04/27/album/1493324728_762976.html#1493324728_762976_1493325628

Are you a Catalan VI?

Yeah, of course. Barcelona born and bred.

Don't you live down the road from the Camp Nou?

Used to. Last year I moved to a larger flat out of town.

It was down the road from the Camp Nou, and a couple blocks off the gymnasium where the club was founded. But for the same rent I live on a place twice as big now.

Oh... good because I was thinking Cruddas Park or similar which would frankly make all the 'we' stuff fucking weird.

https://www.change.org/p/tony-barrett-remove-michael-owen-as-liverpool-football-clubs-international-ambassador

Michael Owen has been a disgrace towards his position as Liverpool's International Ambassador and he must be stripped from the position immediately.

Whoever decided to make him ambassador should also take a look at themselves. Michael Owen openly supports rivals and shows zero respect to Liverpool, until it suits him. On Wednesday night during the Europa League final, live on BT Sport, Michael Owen referred to Man Utd as "We". As Liverpool ambassador Liverpool supporters did not take this well and that was the final straw. The club and supporters deserve someone who will give 100% to the club and the only "we" should be when referring to the club paying you. 

Soon to be the head of club and supporter liaison at Liverpool: