Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I wish Cetlic and Brendan Rodgers would f*** off. Going unbeaten in that s**** league is not an achievement.

Going unbeaten in any league is a big achievement.

Sunderland would go unbeaten up there man. Well no but...

They have premiership standard players playing in, what, league one standard? They should be winning every game.

The fact it's a shit league doesn't mean what Celtic have done isn't a big achievement. By your logic they should go unbeaten all the time and that obviously hasn't happened before...

It's an achievement and of course they should be happy but it's not impressive. Like someone said, all they had to do was try hard in every game and it was a formality.

I wish Cetlic and Brendan Rodgers would f*** off. Going unbeaten in that s**** league is not an achievement.

Going unbeaten in any league is a big achievement.

Sunderland would go unbeaten up there man. Well no but...

They have premiership standard players playing in, what, league one standard? They should be winning every game.

The fact it's a s*** league doesn't mean what Celtic have done isn't a big achievement. By your logic they should go unbeaten all the time and that obviously hasn't happened before...

all they had to do was try hard in every game and it was a formality.

You make that sound so easy :lol: the biggest part of football arguably is the mental game. Surely seeing how we dropped points this year to shite teams, should show how difficult being consistent week in week out regardless of competition is.

Pre-season predictions:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37040156

Fair play to Jenas. Only Dean Saunders and him had Man U out of the top four, and only Jenas had us second.

So 30 out of 33 pundits were totally wrong and these blokes are hired for their expertise.

Apart from Saunders tipping Leicester for 2nd, none of them were hardly outlandish tbf.

Pre-season predictions:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37040156

Fair play to Jenas. Only Dean Saunders and him had Man U out of the top four, and only Jenas had us second.

So 30 out of 33 pundits were totally wrong and these blokes are hired for their expertise.

Apart from Saunders tipping Leicester for 2nd, none of them were hardly outlandish tbf.

Pretty poor that no one managed to get the top 2 right mind.

* In goal is Thibault Courtois, and Crooks starts by saying that ‘there cannot be many Premier League goalkeepers who can claim to have had a better season than Manchester United’s David de Gea’. Yes, Courtois is in a truly exclusive club along with Hugo Lloris, Simon Mignolet, Petr Cech, Tom Heaton, Lee Grant and Jordan Pickford.

Quite the exclusive club, that.

Louise Taylor was asked who her player of the season was. Kante? Hazard? Kane? Try again

Sam Clucas, Hull City; runner up, David Luiz, Chelsea. There are other, far more obvious, candidates but placed in the context of Clucas’s achievement in ascending five rungs of the league ladder in successive seasons it has to be the left-footed midfielder. Impressive since being shifted from a wide role to central midfield this term, the intelligence of Clucas’s passing bears the hallmarks of Glenn Hoddle, who persuaded him not to give up the game before honing his skills at his football academy in Spain. David Luiz, meanwhile, is lovely to watch and his re-invention in Antonio Conte’s back three has thoroughly confounded the doubters.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/22/premier-league-2016-17-season-review-our-writers-best-and-worst

Asked what her favourite goal of the season was and you'd think Giroud, Carroll or another memorable goal. Her pick:

Robert Snodgrass v Leicester City. The winner in a 2-1 shock opening-day victory against the defending champions for Mike Phelan’s side. When Wes Morgan could only half-clear Ahmed Elmohamady’s vicious cross, the ball fell to Snodgrass whose first-time, left footed, half-volley arrowed into the bottom corner.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] It's amazing how keen some people are to be seen to think outside the box when they've shown no evidence they're even aware of where or what the fucking box is.

Definitely. People like that always come across as thinking 'How can I stand out as insightful in a sea of conformity?' and then immediately follow it up with 'I know, I'll expose myself as someone who's asked themselves that very question by making myself look completely stupid.' because 1. They forget that their target audience spends a lot of time watching football and as a result know their shit, and 2. The conformity is because it's fucking obvious to anyone who conforms to having eyes that Kante/Hazard/Kane/Alli etc are the only reasonable choices.

Guest firetotheworks

It's surely a parody at this point. I looked at that team and aside from the formation there's little wrong with it. Then you read his comments. The bloke is fucking mental.

Was going to say the same. The team is spot on, but aye, I hope he's aware of it and it's his thing, rather than him having genuine mental problems.

Remember when some c*** picked Vermaelen's bundled tap in against us at the Emirates just cos he'd ran about 80 yards to score it? :lol:

To be fair, Stalteri's late winner at West Ham is still one of my favourite goals of all time...and he essentially did just that.

‘Just before it was announced who was about to win the PFA Players’ Player of the Year award, Spurs legend Clive Allen turned to me and said: “I really hope its N’Golo Kante.”

‘I agreed with the remark, and so did five other guests who had remained silent until that point.

:lol:

Howling at this

Guest firetotheworks

Do you reckon he really said 'good point' and then went home when his dad said 'don't you mean Wayne Rooney'? :lol: