Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45247073

Norwich City paint Carrow Road away dressing room pink

"Marginal gains" - two words that have become sporting jargon in recent years.

But one Championship club have taken a highly unusual step to try to gain an edge on their opponents.

Norwich City have painted the away dressing room "deep pink", a colour that is said to lower testosterone levels and have a calming effect on people.

The club has declined to comment, although supporters were told about the move at a fans' forum on Thursday.

"Pink has an effect, not because it is pink, but because it's linked to childhood experiences," said Dr Alexander Latinjak, a lecturer in sport psychology at the University of Suffolk.

"If it is true that pink lowers testosterone levels then the coach should know exactly how to use that advantage tactically."

Painting the opposition's dressing room pink is not a completely novel idea though - the University of Iowa have previously done it in an attempt to give their American football team the upper hand on their visitors.

In their two games at Carrow Road this season, Norwich have lost 4-3 to West Bromwich Albion and beaten League Two side Stevenage 3-1 in the Carabao Cup, so the jury is out on whether the move is paying off.

"I personally wouldn't have spent the time bothering to change the locker room colour. There are a lot of things you do before you do that," Dr Latinjak told BBC Sport.

"Now that teams will know about the pink locker room, they could take counter measures to ensure higher testosterone levels.

"It might even be that players from other teams have some fun - they could go in there all tense but start smiling, and smiling is linked to an improvement in performance."

Guest firetotheworks

I really hope this is true. It's about time a stand was made against this sort of corporate sterilisation. Long overdue.

I really hope this is true. It's about time a stand was made against this sort of corporate sterilisation. Long overdue.

It's true. They issued it this afternoon and they are threatening with a strike.

The cynical and jaded football fan in me believes this will end up with footballers getting paid off for the game.

It's true. They issued it this afternoon and they are threatening with a strike.

The cynical and jaded football fan in me believes this will end up with footballers getting paid off for the game.

Thats exactly what I think will happen, and why they are doing it.

They’ll want some extra money for an appearance fee, and they’ll probably want their families to be able to come with them and paid for.

are these hypothetical american games even allowed by fifa? Seem to recall something about the 39th game that fifa wouldn't have allowed it anyway and I can't imagine MLS being very happy about this potentially happening,

are these hypothetical american games even allowed by fifa? Seem to recall something about the 39th game that fifa wouldn't have allowed it anyway and I can't imagine MLS being very happy about this potentially happening,

I'm pretty sure they won't like La Liga's US game either, they always hate it when it's others the ones that are profiting from destroying the game.

I'm not sure they can do much to block it, though. Threaten to block Spain from the WC?

On the plus side:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45284819

The east London club have become embroiled in more off-field issues after a dispute with their landlords about the colour of the pitch surround.

"What I don't want to have is an excuse because we have some problem with the colour of the track - we need to have the solution on the pitch, not off it," said Pellegrini.

"Maybe there are issues being talked about, maybe they can be sorted, but I don't want to link those things."

BBC Sport understands West Ham are willing to pay up to £380,000 to change the pitch surround.

On Wednesday, vice-chairman Karren Brady gave E20 - the company set up to run the stadium - two weeks to accept the club's offer to pay for a new pitch surround in the club's claret colours, a dispute that has been rumbling almost since they moved in two years ago.

A day later, another row emerged with West Ham "frustrated and angry" that their honours list had been removed from the stadium, with Brady claiming the club had been "held to ransom" and threatening legal action.

West Ham say the list, which for the past two seasons has been positioned around the middle tier of the west stand, was removed by E20 while the stadium - the venue for the 2012 London Olympics - staged a number of non-football events in the summer.

They claim E20 demanded fees for maintenance of the stadium's big screen, which is not in the Hammers' tenancy agreement, and that E20 then said it would not restore the list unless those fees were paid.

"For the second year running E20 have attempted to force us to pay a fee we are not liable for. The club simply cannot continue to yield to paying invented invoices year after year," said Brady.

"We are frustrated and angry that our landlords should act in this underhand way and we will not hesitate to take a legal route to confirm our rights under the tenancy agreement."

For the second year running E20 have attempted to force us to pay a fee we are not liable for."

The fucking cheek of it considering how much Newham Council is on the hook for. Hope they move somewhere else- Stratford is a no-go zone when they're at home.