Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Michael Robinson, former Liverpool and Osasuna player, has died of cancer. After retiring in the late 1980s he went on to be a football pundit in Spain, and he was massively popular among those of my generation. RIP.

Ah that’s sad. When I lived over in Spain and watched La Liga I found it mad an Englishman fronting the coverage in Spanish. Had never heard of him until then so looked up and obviously found out he was a former footballer who played over there. RIP.

Fuck, spent an hour doing this.

Kameni (Espanyol, Cameroon)

Dragutinovic (Sevilla, Serbia)

Diego Godín (Atlético, Uruguay)

Celso Ayala (Valencia, Paraguay)

Lizarazu (Athletic, France)

Marcos Senna (Villarreal, Spain)

Mazinho (Brazil, Celta)

Karpin (Real Sociedad, Russia)

Cronaldo (R. Madrid, Portugal)

Rossi (Villarreal, Italy)

Messi (Barcelona, Argentina)

Two leftbacks, Dragutinovic will have to play out of position.

Shit, I misread the rules and I thought it was only teams in the top league *right now*. Having Zaragoza and Depor eligible adds a ton of options (Chilavert for giggles), but I'm not redoing this.

Damn, two from Villarreal, and Mazinho also player for Valencia. Should be fixed now.

Kameni (Espanyol, Camerún)

Dragutinovic (Sevilla, Serbia)

Diego Godín (Atlético, Uruguay)

Celso Ayala (Valencia, Paraguay)

Lizarazu (Francia, Athletic)

Marcos Senna (España, Villarreal)

Rijkaard (Zaragoza, Netherlands)

Ettien (Levante, Ivory Coast)

Cronaldo (R. Madrid, Portugal)

Bebeto (Depor, Brazil)

Messi (Barcelona, Argentina)

That front 3 should carry me most games.

This is random like. :lol:

Robinson also did voice-over work on television adverts, as well as feature films – voicing the ugly sister in the dubbed Spanish versions of the Shrek films by DreamWorks Animation.

Not so strange. They used a celebrity cast for the Spanish version of Shrek films, and Robinson was a celeb.

Guest neesy111

Scary figures. Football is the Wild West.

Thankfully the bubble is going to burst and big time imo.

The whole idea of all-time non-top 6 players was already mad because Newcastle, Leeds, Blackburn etc have all had spells at the top.

And does Kevin Phillips REALLY belong on that list? Not a chance. That's before we even get to the lack of Shearer.... maybe MotD are sick of including him when he's one of the panel :lol:

The whole idea of all-time non-top 6 players was already mad because Newcastle, Leeds, Blackburn etc have all had spells at the top.

And does Kevin Phillips REALLY belong on that list? Not a chance. That's before we even get to the lack of Shearer.... maybe MotD are sick of including him when he's one of the panel :lol:

bit of a one season wonder Phillips but still 30 goals in a premier league season is a rare feat its only happened 7 times (I think) in a 38 game season and the others are a whos who of great forwards in the last 27 years

Are the numbers for League Two meant to be high? Genuine question, wages aren't comparable between country due to currency differences and so on, but half of the League Two numbers look like less than minimum wage over here, which made me genuinely interested in the level of average wage in the UK vs strength of currency/buying power.

Or is it meant to showcase the difference between players and the rest of the staff? That's what I assumed from Collymore's tweet, but the article having the headline "the eye watering sums spent across the EFL" felt like they meant all of it.

Are the numbers for League Two meant to be high? Genuine question, wages aren't comparable between country due to currency differences and so on, but half of the League Two numbers look like less than minimum wage over here, which made me genuinely interested in the level of average wage in the UK vs strength of currency/buying power.

Or is it meant to showcase the difference between players and the rest of the staff? That's what I assumed from Collymore's tweet, but the article having the headline "the eye watering sums spent across the EFL" felt like they meant all of it.

average wage in the uk according to google is £30,420 from the latest figures so league 2 looks mostly around what normal jobs earn

Guest neesy111

average wage in the uk according to google is £30,420 from the latest figures so league 2 looks mostly around what normal jobs earn

I think he's about what players earn in league 2, that value is very high.  Last figures I saw was average wage was £1100 for a league 2 player.