Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

It always feels to me like a soap opera that I've not seen for 15 years. There's a few characters I recognise ("Oh look there's Steve Wraith, Jesus, is he still in it?"), there's about 15 young lasses that all look alike, each with their own podcast or something, and I haven't got a clue who anybody else is or what's happening, and am I fuck inclined to find out.

7 hours ago, Wullie said:

It always feels to me like a soap opera that I've not seen for 15 years. There's a few characters I recognise ("Oh look there's Steve Wraith, Jesus, is he still in it?"), there's about 15 young lasses that all look alike, each with their own podcast or something, and I haven't got a clue who anybody else is or what's happening, and am I fuck inclined to find out.

Ha ha ha! 

Watching "Finding Jack Charlton". It's really good. About his battle with dementia with football nostalgia also. Great moment after we got knocked out of the World Cup in 1990 where there's a sing song and he sings The Blaydon Races to the Ireland squad

42 minutes ago, triggs said:

Watching "Finding Jack Charlton". It's really good. About his battle with dementia with football nostalgia also. Great moment after we got knocked out of the World Cup in 1990 where there's a sing song and he sings The Blaydon Races to the Ireland squad

I can't wait to see that, it's on for us tomorrow night. He was such a great man and the fact he sounded like everyone's granda (I'm from Ashington) just made him more loveable. 

He was on my train to London when I was a kid, about 10 or 11, no idea how I knew who he was. In a rare brave moment I got him to sign a paperback I’d bought at the station called “Dancing With Death” and can still vividly remember him looking at the title and saying “Dancing With Death? Bloody ‘ell!” and his wife telling him off for it. Will definitely be watching that tomorrow as well, cheers for the reminder chaps.

Edited by Atticus

We've got so little to shout for with NUFC as really don't want Harry Kane to catch Shearer.  That's Aguero seen off.

I think there's a decent chance he won't. He's 100 off and will be 28 in the summer. It sounds doable and it is, but you'd expect is rate to drop off in 3-4 years, and he didn't make it to 20 goals in either of the previous two seasons. If he gets a few great seasons like 2015-18 though he could well do it, and it's making me nervous...

(Just checked and he's currently 7 ahead of where Shearer was when he was 28. He'll be a bit more ahead by end of season. One of Shearer's qualities though was ability to keep banging them in past that age though, so let's see if can replicate.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

Think Kane will have to move if he’s gonna beat Shearer’s record.

If he stays in this country he’ll break it.

2 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Kane will break Shearer's PL record but Al did have some pre-Prem too.

He also missed nearly 2 full seasons with injury. I think Kane is very good, but Shearer was better. This even though he pisses me off with his best pal act with a manager who is destroying a club he loves.

8 hours ago, Smal said:

I dunno. Spurs are getting more shit by the season.

He’ll still score goals. 3 more 20+ seasons takes him to 220-230 and 31 year old, he’d potter about a bit more to get the remaining 30-40.

5 hours ago, et tu brute said:

He also missed nearly 2 full seasons with injury. I think Kane is very good, but Shearer was better. This even though he pisses me off with his best pal act with a manager who is destroying a club he loves.

Mourinho? A manger who has won multiple Champions Leagues, titles, cups across Europe destroying serial bottlers Spurs? You sure about that.. 

23 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Mourinho? A manger who has won multiple Champions Leagues, titles, cups across Europe destroying serial bottlers Spurs? You sure about that.. 

Aye. I'm pretty sure of it too. :lol: Mourinho is done.

2 hours ago, astraguy said:

Nonsense ?

What exactly is nonsense? I've experienced him as manager of my own club.  He has been sacked or left "by mutual consent" from his last 3 clubs after the clubs are in turmoil. It's not even the results either. It's the style of play, and the terrible affect he has on the majority of players around the club, and sometimes even the staff.

He's had his new manager bounce at Spurs, but it's falling apart. He won't see the first game next season. There was a recent poll done on the Athletic about fans happiness in regards to their manager, the style of football and how the club is run. Spurs fans aren't happy (over 50% want him gone), and I feel their pain. It's a dreadful watch under Mourinho.

He will always be one of the greatest, but he is done as a top level manager. If he didn't have that run of Wolfsberger, Burnley, Fulham and Palace I would say he'd have been sacked a few weeks ago. He lost 6 of the previous 7 games. I can only imagine what scrutiny some other managers would come under if they lost 6 out of 7 games.

-----------------------

In that Athletic poll, apparently 25% of Newcastle fans are happy with Bruce. :jones:

3 hours ago, Hhtoon said:

Not sure if I'm being wooshed but we all do know he's talking about Shearer being pally with Bruce who is destroying NUFC right? :lol:

I thought he was on about Mou ?