Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Smith is one of the worst players I've seen play for Newcastle. Butt and Nolan were both dreadful during the relegation season too. You could even add Geremi to the mix, if you wanted even less urgency.

Willock is probably a better footballer than any of them. Hendrick is a non-entity of a footballer and Shelvey is just total garbage. I feel someone like Mongstaff could freshen things up.

Tough call.

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Smith is one of the worst players I've seen play for Newcastle. Butt and Nolan were both dreadful during the relegation season too. You could even add Geremi to the mix, if you wanted even less urgency.

Willock is probably a better footballer than any of them. Hendrick is a non-entity of a footballer and Shelvey is just total garbage. I feel someone like Mongstaff could freshen things up.

Tough call.

It will be Hendrick. I'd be amazed otherwise.

Urgh Barry Glendennig is such a fucking arsehole when it comes to talking about Newcastle. Apparently now the fans are talking bollocks because in fact no pundits are saying we expect too much; as if our ire at accusations thrown at us regarding high expectations is a total fabrication, and the cliché doesn't actually exist. Genuinely raging about it as well, cutting off Rushden from actually introducing the segment to point out the sheer bollocks of it all. I don't use Twitter but can someone launch just a small number of the examples at him? Christ almighty. 

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Urgh Barry Glendennig is such a fucking arsehole when it comes to talking about Newcastle. Apparently now the fans are talking bollocks because in fact no pundits are saying we expect too much; as if our ire at accusations thrown at us regarding high expectations is a total fabrication, and the cliché doesn't actually exist. Genuinely raging about it as well, cutting off Rushden from actually introducing the segment to point out the sheer bollocks of it all. I don't use Twitter but can someone launch just a small number of the examples at him? Christ almighty. 

He blocked me ages ago when I said Bruce hadn't had more abuse than any other NUFC manager other than Keegan or Benitez.

Just now, Anderson said:

Aye, can't wait to get proper 3pm Saturday matchdays back. Although fear staggered weekend kick offs might stick around, already do it across Europe don't they?

It was already here really, the 3pm Saturday slot frequently only had 3 or 4 games even before the pandemic. Most major Euro leagues are the same, they have one slot with a few games and the others staggered, the exception being Spain who stagger them all.

I like the staggered slots tbh, it allows for more focus on the lower leagues between 3-5 on a Saturday afternoon, and means you're more likely to be able to get to a game without missing any super explosive LIVE best league in the world bigsixball.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

43 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Anybody else enjoying this international break and not having football on TV every single day? Starting to feel burned out with every PL game on the box. Even when I'm not interested I'm still watching because what else is there to do.

No, it's the only thing I have in life.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I had a quick look at his Twitter page and it seems like he spent all night arguing with our fans over our two wins over Everton this season. Apparently that makes us a better side than them and that's the end of it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

His Twitter is way, way, way worse. 

Standard bad faith discussion/arguments with moving goalposts every time he's proved wrong. Was presented with evidence that refuted his claims and exposed they were bollocks, and not just from NUFC fans, which he basically ignored and said didn't count. His ramblings last night were deranged.

He really doesn't like us, that's fine - no issue with that, so he'll contort anything to highlight what shitbags we all are and that we're all (insert stereotype here). Generalisations and smears are the standard play but only allowed in one direction.

The whole Guardian output towards us is very odd. It obviously became polarised around takeover and Saudi = bad, fair enough, but even before that it was notably different to how they cover other middling clubs with the usual generalisations thrown around. It matches how they cover the city in their wider output too. You'd never know Newcastle/Tyneside was a strong traditionally Labour area and regional capital. 

Football Weekly has gone downhill a lot recently IMO aside from the specials they do. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No, it's the only thing I have in life.

:lol: I'm not quite there but I already feel a bit deflated at the thought of no domestic football for a couple of weeks. The wife is delighted.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Glendenning is a Sunderland fan, actively hates us. 

Unfortunately he's too thick to prevent his personal bias shining through. 

Aye, absolute arsehole. I stopped listening to the guardian pod after he was genuinely bitter towards his apparent mate James Richardson when he left to start his own. He’d try and laugh it off as joking but mentioned it almost every week in a sarky way.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Anybody else enjoying this international break and not having football on TV every single day? Starting to feel burned out with every PL game on the box. Even when I'm not interested I'm still watching because what else is there to do.

I'm loving the break - anything that stops football is fine by me.

I'd be excited for the summer but those bloody Euros are on.

I am ok with the break as I am tired with all the pundits when they talk about us. Don't really care for internationals so it's a genuine break from football except for popping in here to read the latest drama in the series titled The Mole: Steve Bruce's Newcastle United Edition.

Edited by nufcjb