Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Where does Zidane sit in terms of the greatest ever managers if Real ended up doing the double this season? I feel like a lot of Real's success under him was put down to Ronaldo. He left when Ronaldo did and it seemed a bit convenient at the time as if this Real time would go on a downward spiral without Ronaldo.

Real were really poor when Zidane and Ronaldo left and I was really surprised to see Zidane come back into the fold halfway through the season and genuinely thought he'd ruin his rep as Real were going to struggle. The season after he wins the league, and now he's on for a double. :lol:

Has to be near the top if they did manage it.

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Where does Zidane sit in terms of the greatest ever managers if Real ended up doing the double this season? I feel like a lot of Real's success under him was put down to Ronaldo. He left when Ronaldo did and it seemed a bit convenient at the time as if this Real time would go on a downward spiral without Ronaldo.

Real were really poor when Zidane and Ronaldo left and I was really surprised to see Zidane come back into the fold halfway through the season and genuinely thought he'd ruin his rep as Real were going to struggle. The season after he wins the league, and now he's on for a double. :lol:

And ridiculously loads of press claim he is a shit manager 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

This is a fascinating question, does he have an advantage because he works with world class players or is it a disadvantage because of the pressure of losing 3 games on the bounce and he's sacked, Ferguson is the best ever for me because he built a few different successful teams that won loads however he was given time to do it.

Big Sam for all his faults has to be classed a success because of his team building skills, however someone like Bobby Robson did it in both situations, for me you need a certain standing to get the big job it's how you get that, that's important. 

Which other teams do you like and think are worth following if English football gans to shit?

The Bundesliga sounds appealing. I quite Leipzig. Good football, outsiders, former DDR. Owned by Red Bull though. That's offputting.

I used to watch South Shields years ago, before the takeover. It's full of mackems now though. And it's overpriced.

Perhaps I'll just go completely left field and start supporting a Swedish team.