Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Such ‘fans’, if LFC didn’t participate would just go and support another club. I love my fellow brothers and sisters from Africa for example, but some have went from supporting Man Utd, LFC, Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of a decade or so since I’ve known them. Some have now converted to NUFC, but that’s mainly down to me and even then if we don’t start winning, it’s back to Chelsea or whoever. If LFC polled it’s world-wide fanbase on whether to join an ESL, the vast majority would vote yes la. A minority of local based, Scouse of heritage fans would object and kick-off, but it’s going to happen one day, guaranteed!

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Such ‘fans’, if LFC didn’t participate would just go and support another club. I love my fellow brothers and sisters from Africa for example, but some have went from supporting Man Utd, LFC, Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of a decade or so since I’ve known them. Some have now converted to NUFC, but that’s mainly down to me and even then if we don’t start winning, it’s back to Chelsea or whoever. If LFC polled it’s world-wide fanbase on whether to join an ESL, the vast majority would vote yes la. A minority of local based, Scouse of heritage fans would object and kick-off, but it’s going to happen one day, guaranteed!

Oh aye. I'm not diissing the fans, they often have no attachment to the club, beyond their initial choice. And they're at liberty to recognise they made a mistake by picking Chelsea. It's an emerging market.

A tournament (play-off) between 17th, 18th and 19th I could probably get on board with, it might be interesting/exciting, but you can't be finishing dead last and still have a shot of survival.

Maybe even 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th - with the bottom two guaranteed to go down - therefore mirroring the top of the division below. Could have positive competitive ramifications, certainly moreso than having one, two or three teams adrift. Last season would've been:

Southampton 40

Everton 39

Leeds 38

Burnley 35

Should have a play-off for the European places, too, even if it's just 6th vs 7th (or 7th vs 8th) for the final spot. 

I appear to be all in. 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

@Mike @B-more Mag This true?

The soccer all-star game is always a torrid affair but in other sports (mostly baseball and basketball) it’s quite good. Offers a nice little mid season break for a lot of players too. It also raises the profile for a lot of the fringe-team players so ie: players like ASM would get a run out from us and it helps pull the spotlight our (and his) way a bit. 

I wouldn’t be wholly against the concept of it out of hand but it would have to be done the right way for it to be useful/successful. Especially if the $$ it brought in was used for helping out the football pyramid.