Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

seems a bit stupid from the Premier League to get itself caught in this when there was nothing to gain. So what if someone badmouths the premier league, not like thats new or ever stopped people from going to matchs or the tv money coming in.

I'm not sure it's the clubs that hold contempt for the EFL as much as the Premier League as an organisation itself. The current PL is made up massively of clubs that most of us don't traditionally associate with top flight football. Don't really see Bournemouth and Swansea wanting to flick the Vs to smaller clubs, they'll be back amongst them in a few years.

no doubt the players, fans and most of the officials at those clubs know that....but I'll bet the owners think they are now part of the Premier and are ready to do whatever it takes. I'll even go so far as to say be ready to be in place when the ladder is pulled up.

Club will tour Asia in the summer. Local press has confirmed stop in Korea, trying to arrange friendly with local team.

:anguish:

which club, us?

Aye. Was such a good pre season last year when we weren't travelling to the other side of the world just to get a bit of exposure, but just concentrated on preparing for the season.

Suppose it's inevitable with the new Asian sponsors as well as the way the game is going though.

Guest chopey

So whilst the 'refereeing' in the Forest game ultimately had no impact on where we finished, it did send Blackburn down.

I think I wrote something like that at the time

Harry Redknapp staying on at Birmingham. I can see them top 6 next season.

Yep. Without the distraction of loads of money floating around the club, he might manage to focus on managing the team.

I've just realised that... (and correct me if I'm wrong)

Chelsea/Arsenal FA Cup Final means that 6th in the PL will gain Europa League qualification.

Man Utd won the EFL Cup, so therefore will qualify for the Europa League, but if they finish 5th or 6th (which they will), that place will go to 7th.

If Man Utd finish 5th/6th and win the Europa League (which they will) then 8th in the PL will also get Europe League qualification due to the above happening.

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

Therefore any of the teams in 8th - 12th could qualify for the Europa League next season, as only 3 points separate them.

Any of West Brom, Leicester, Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham could qualify.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3426181/manchester-united-europa-league-win-premier-league-champions-league/

There are a host of different scenarios as to who will be in Europe's second tier next season.

For starters, the Premier League's fifth-placed club - should United not win the Europa League AND finish outside the top four - will go into the pot.

Then there's the EFL Cup - or League Cup - winners... however that tournament was already won by Man United earlier this season.

On top of that, the FA Cup winners get a spot... however that could either go to Chelsea - certain to get a Champions League spot - or Arsenal, who may or may not make the top four this term.

Should any of the above sides break into the Champions League for any reason, by law the highest-ranking non-qualified league club (down to 7th) takes their place in the Europa League.

If the Premier League has five Champions League entrants by virtue of Man United winning Europe's secondary competition, English football will only have two clubs qualify for the Europa League.

That means that the 8th placed Premier League team cannot qualify for Europe under any circumstances.

The vacant spot in the Europa League is then left unfilled, with the highest ranked team in the first qualifying round receiving a bye to the second qualifying round.

As things stand, that team will be Aberdeen, of Scotland.