Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

You got an axis to grind with me or something

Just went for a deliberately over the top reply. I do fucking loathe puns these days though tbf.

Piers Morgan is barely representative of the human race, let alone Arsenal fans tbh. The day that reprehensible c*** dies will be glorious after the s*** he's done and got away with. Utter scum.

A few years ago I was speaking to police officer who worked closely with the store I worked at. We got onto the conversation of the voicemail hacking, and also about how bad the media treat people to get a story, with how they treated my family after my niece was killed. It turned out one of his colleagues was working on the Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman case. Before they arrested Huntley they tapped his phone and on it is a voicemail from Piers Morgan who at the time worked for one of the national newspapers. The voicemail goes ‘Ian, it’s Piers Morgan, listen the police are on to you, our people on the inside know that it’s a matter of time before they come to arrest you. They know it was you who killed the girls, if you give us an exclusive as to what happened then I’ll promise that we will pay for the best lawyers so you get off for it, or get a reduced sentence.’

Apparently the police are waiting until he f***s up and his power within the media wains before they take him on over it.

This is an amazing thing to post.

2,159 is 24 full matches :lol:

I genuinely think I’d score a PL goal if I played up front for 24 matches.

A bizarre story - was fantastic in that season but sadly, like Dave said, it looks like another player who got too big for his boots.

I don't know what shape you're in, but assuming you're just in average shape and have the football skills of your average joe who kicks the ball about every now and then, either with mates or in an amateur league, then no chance. None whatsoever.

Was a show on over here about a guy who wanted to check just how "hard it could be" to be a professional at different sports, and he was in fairly decent shape. He got to train with Rosenborg for a month and got to play up front in a friendly against a team in the division below - he had no chance. None whatsoever. Barely touched the ball. I imagine in the PL, where the talent of players is probably ten or even twenty times that of Rosenborg... no chance. No way.

I thought far too long about this stupid scenario :lol:

Only sport the guy stood any chance in vs pros was Curling, FWIW :lol:

:lol:

I know what you mean, but as TCD said - you’d expect to get at least one chance of a tap-in or something in 24 matches. Berahino missed a penalty during this spell too, I could probably whack a penalty in.

During the 24 matches I would probably touch the ball about 10 times, but one of them would surely be in a decent position somewhere.

Definitely think this should to put to the test now like :lol:

:lol:

I know what you mean, but as TCD said - you’d expect to get at least one chance of a tap-in or something in 24 matches. Berahino missed a penalty during this spell too, I could probably whack a penalty in.

During the 24 matches I would probably touch the ball about 10 times, but one of them would surely be in a decent position somewhere.

Definitely think this should to put to the test now like :lol:

The fact you used the word 'whack' makes me believe you couldn't.

I've always thought this, and some of the responses here certainly aren't changing my mind,... I think the average sports fan severely underestimates how good professional athletes are at what they do. The speed, the strength, the skill, the consistency.

Most would struggle to even get into the right positions man. Think people underestimate the pace of the game and actually how big the pitch is. Fitness levels of the pros are on another level.

Also have to consider that IF, big if, you do make it into the 6 yard box in time, will you have the mental composure to finish? Doubt it.

I've always thought this, and some of the responses here certainly aren't changing my mind,... I think the average sports fan severely underestimates how good professional athletes are at what they do. The speed, the strength, the skill, the consistency.

Here's an example: https://i.imgur.com/BnDmqZr.gifv

That's about 20ft and looks incredible. The world record is over 29ft. :lol:

It's all about context. Marathon runners look like they're jogging pretty quickly, but they're running 13mph for two hours solid which is frankly ridiculous. :lol:

Here's an example: https://i.imgur.com/BnDmqZr.gifv

That's about 20ft and looks incredible. The world record is over 29ft. :lol:

It's all about context. Marathon runners look like they're jogging pretty quickly, but they're running 13mph for two hours solid which is frankly ridiculous. :lol:

:lol: was expecting him to land halfway in the middle of the the road until his back leg started coming forward.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I really don't understand the furore over it tbh. You see so much blatant play-acting get excused because 'there's contact' and then along comes a pen where there's more contact than you see in the normally excused other cases, and you've got pundits falling over themselves to call it blatant cheating. It's weird. It's in the 'he's made the most of it' category for me. I'm surprised by the ban tbh and there'll be much worse examples that get away with it imo.