Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Obviously Salah is the signing of the season, but who would people pick after him? Probably Ederson for me, but for all the money that has been spent, it's hard to pick many outstanding signings IMO.

Gross, Robertson and Walker (even though he cost loads) would be some off the top of my head

Gross and Robertson are good shouts. Walker has done as well as you can expect someone who cost that much. Similarly how VvD has been class for Liverpool, but being the most expensive defender ever you shouldn't expect any less.

Was thinking earlier how 3 signings in the summer which people were tipping to be excellent deals were Jese to Stoke, Krychowiak to WBA and Renato Sanches to Swansea and they've all got relegated with them on loan.

Those 3 (on paper) were more impressive than any of our signings last summer.

Somebody on here said Bundesliga pundits thought it was hilarious how much the British media were bigger Sanches up. They said he would fail miserably as he couldn't pass 5 yards and they were 100% correct.

Obviously Salah out of the big boys, although he did cost 40M so wasn't exactly peanuts. Like others have said, you's probably say VVD but again, he's now the most expensive defender of all time, so, yeah.

Jack Cork for 8M has been a terrific buy for Burnley. Didn't Brighton get Gross for basically nothing? I've not seen enough of Huddersfield to say who made the most difference there, but Mounie didn't cost much, did he? Mind you, Huddersfield bought almost an entirely new team, so it would be difficult to pick one out.

As for the worst, well pretty much everybody for Everton I suppose, although as far as I could tell Pickford was good. Lindelof didn't do much for 30M. You'd be tempted to say Lacazette on price and expectations. Same for Morata, although 40M for Bakayoko and 30M for Drinkwater have been terrible deals so far. Iheanacho has shown signs of life.

Even Stoke fans laugh about the fact they paid us 18M for Wimmer.

Ederson

Walker - Sanchez - Ake - Robertson

Groß - Cork - Ox

Salah - Wood - Arnautovic

Hart

Lindelof - Keane - Wimmer - Evra

Bakayoko - Klassen - Roque Mesa

Burke - Bony - Sanches

There's an ice cream van cruising round Leeds city centre playing Daddy Cool as it's jingle. Disappointingly, I am the only person singing "Harry, Harry Kewell."

No surprise to hear you're keenly following local ice-cream vans and their subsequent customers tbh.

Obviously Salah out of the big boys, although he did cost 40M so wasn't exactly peanuts. Like others have said, you's probably say VVD but again, he's now the most expensive defender of all time, so, yeah.

Jack Cork for 8M has been a terrific buy for Burnley. Didn't Brighton get Gross for basically nothing? I've not seen enough of Huddersfield to say who made the most difference there, but Mounie didn't cost much, did he? Mind you, Huddersfield bought almost an entirely new team, so it would be difficult to pick one out.

As for the worst, well pretty much everybody for Everton I suppose, although as far as I could tell Pickford was good. Lindelof didn't do much for 30M. You'd be tempted to say Lacazette on price and expectations. Same for Morata, although 40M for Bakayoko and 30M for Drinkwater have been terrible deals so far. Iheanacho has shown signs of life.

Even Stoke fans laugh about the fact they paid us 18M for Wimmer.

Both the Danes, Jorgensen and Lössl, have been good for Huddersfield and were signed for peanuts. The pair played every minute in their 38 PL-matches as well.

Guest neesy111

There's an ice cream van cruising round Leeds city centre playing Daddy Cool as it's jingle. Disappointingly, I am the only person singing "Harry, Harry Kewell."

No surprise to hear you're keenly following local ice-cream vans and their subsequent customers tbh.

:lol:

:lol: City centre day time is just office workers, Big Pun. I mean of course suggesting paedophilia is funny but you're stretching.