Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s blatant racism IMO, Walker and Ali are mixed race and were born here so are more white than black and more English than foreign. That’s why they don’t get stick. Sterling should be championed given his background, he’s a role model for kids and his family settling here are proof that you can make a successful life for yourself here in England.

It’s blatant racism IMO, Walker and Ali are mixed race and were born here so are more white than black and more English than foreign. That’s why they don’t get stick. Sterling should be championed given his background, he’s a role model for kids and his family settling here are proof that you can make a successful life for yourself here in England.

you mean it's because he was born abroad basically?

Guest Howaythetoon

He bought his Mum an expensive sink or something. But he also went to Poundland once so he's a cheapskate.

Also bought a pasty from Greggs when he should only be seen in Pret.

And if he went to pret he'd be a flashy, cocky, footballer.

Every time I've seen Sterling he comes across as sound as fuck. The media can't fucking stand the idea of there being a rich, talented, successful black footballer who they can't criticise for rubbing it in our faces, so they've just told everyone that he rubs it in our faces instead, which is just as effective for the shit bags who lap it up.

Agreed, I don't get any of the hatred towards him.

I really do like him as a footballer as well, if he could finish he'd in the top 10 players in the world imo.

Agreed.

I think for England though, he’s always going to be one of those frustrating love him or hate him type players who will never quite transfer his form for club to the international stage.

Hope he gets a few today if he plays, it was sickening seeinga whole pub in Gloucester last week boo and cheer when he was subbed off. The same morons will no doubt cheer today if he scores....

Guest firetotheworks

He bought his Mum an expensive sink or something. But he also went to Poundland once so he's a cheapskate.

Every time I've seen Sterling he comes across as sound as fuck. The media can't fucking stand the idea of there being a rich, talented, successful black footballer who they can't criticise for rubbing it in our faces, so they've just told everyone that he rubs it in our faces instead, which is just as effective for the shit bags who lap it up.

it's oddly specific to sterling though no?  walker and alli don't get the same treatment despite alli quite clearly being an arsehole

Sterling's dad and him having a tough upbringing probably feed into it. Alli's had a fair bit of stick from the press as well hasn't he?

Guest Howaythetoon

Leaving Liverpool is a big part of it

Aye, Liverpool fans harp on how the media hate their club, but they are a media darling and have lots of friends in the media who are fans or ex players. How dare Sterling leave Liverpool the club that took a chance on him. That didn’t sit well with many.

It’s deeper than that though and sadly I think it’s because of his race and background.

Guest neesy111

Leaving Liverpool is a big part of it

Aye, Liverpool fans harp on how the media hate their club, but they are a media darling and have lots of friends in the media who are fans or ex players. How dare Sterling leave Liverpool the club that took a chance on him. That didn’t sit well with many.

It’s deeper than that though and sadly I think it’s because of his race and background.

He wanted to win things, Liverpool are in a very lean period in their history when it comes to trophies.  Don't blame him for joining City.

it's oddly specific to sterling though no?  walker and alli don't get the same treatment despite alli quite clearly being an arsehole

They've always focused mainly on one person haven't they?

Working class, black, high profile, was noticeably shite at the Euros.  Ticks more of the boxes.

Guest Howaythetoon

I touched on this in the WC forum, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the hacks targeted him specifically before the WC in the hope he fucks up and let’s the country down during it so they can hang him after it. They certainly have no-one else to attack within the squad from the manager to the kit man.

With the country in the middle of Brexit and the reemergence of the cult that is Tommy Robinson, them targeting a rich black man who wasn’t even born here whose had a troubled childhood linked to crime and murder back in Jamaica despite nothing like that at all here in England, they can sell their over the top criticism to the idiots who blame the woes of the country on immigrants which sells papers.

It’s sad that these days the others are just as bad as the red tops and while I always used to rate Henry Winter as one of our better journos which he is, watching an Impossible job the other night, him saying at the end that if Southgate drops a clanger against Panama, well, it’s open season. Or words to that effect. It wasn’t his words though, it was the glint in his eye and the almost evil like smirk as if he hopes he does so him and his colleagues can do their worst.

Essentially they are all as bad as each other and I would love it if England banned all access to the camp by anyone other than the stations that are showing the games live who have been pretty good to be fair in their reporting, putting everything out via the FA’s website for the rest of the media to then dissect.

Fuck them.

I personally haven’t read any opinion piece about the WC, the team, players or the manager for, any of the papers or media stations and I never want to because their opinion means jack shit.

You get better analysis and opinion on here.

Common sense prevails. Still remember the barman at Benfica saying “Hmmmm, a little bit!” when asked if the Sagres was alcoholic. The amount of people thinking they had a proper beer was brilliant. :lol: