Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

He's just decided that it's about him and his team though. Neville was just talking about Spurs over the last 30 years, not just Redknapp's team. :lol:

To fair, Neville has by way of insinuation brought his team and time into it when by and large they were anything but, certainly compared to other Spurs teams and eras which is perfectly valid what Neville is saying. It’s a bit OTT from HR though who is another gobshite.

Watching Spurs I don’t see a spineless or soft team, I think overall fri back to front and front to back they are probably the bes drilled, most disciplined and solid team in the PL, but they lack dynamism and seem to play in straight lines with lots of diagonal balls and crosses and not enough quicker more incise passing. The remind me of Sven’s England or Portugal a few years back.

I’d say they are a better all-round team than say Arsenal, but they can create chances from moe areas and situations and be more of a goal threat from that.

I guess that’s why Sissoko and the Brazilian are featuring more to add some dynamism, but they are not very good footballers with the ball at their feet. They are one trick Speed merchants. Sterling gets a lot of flack and has been considered as someone in that mould, but people don’t realise how good a footballer he is and what he gives to his team off the ball with constant movement and when he gets it he can run with it or play one twos, pivot and turn to wriggle away. Spurs have Son, but he plays higher up and Eriksen is more deeper or central. They should all start if fit though.

I don’t know what has happened to Wynama but he would give them that, I like him very much, and Dembele is similar to Gino at Liverpool in that he can play quick one twos, move the ball forward quickly at his feet or shield it and give it to someone in a right space. They should start if fit as well.

Dier may help protect the back four, but on the ball either passing it or moving it he’s a bit dull and sterile.

I rate Deli Ali but I don’t know what his position is really, but he’s statistically effective in terms of goals and assists.

Spurs are just not dynamic enough going forward in the way City, Liverpool and now Chelsea are and Arsenal to a degree who have always had that in their locker anyway.

If you remember us under Sir Bobby, that’s the kind of dynamism Spurs lack to kick on to close the gap. They have the defence, organisation and toughness I believe.

Liverpool has always had the dynamism under Klopp but didn’t have the defence and now they do and therefore they are much closer to Man City. Sari has bought a bit of flair to Chelsea as well.

By the way I always thought Liverpool under Rafa lacked that level or kind of dynamism shown by the likes of Klopp’s team and City whereas Man Utd had it and so did Arsenal which maybe gave them the edge over them when they faced each other or when a lesser team came to park the bus. Even Mourinho’s Chelsea had it with Robben and Duff, Essien and Makalele and of course Drogba.

Redknapp’s Spurs had it.

Anyway I know you like my long posts so... :lol:

What frustrates me about Spurs is that they're always linked with players that could really propel them to that next level but they end up getting with lesser versions. I think of Willian in 2013 and Barkley last year. Barkley especially. He would have really improved that team. He's more mobile than Dembele and has goals in his game. Dier and Wanyama are similar more tackle oriented players. I'm still trying to figure Winks out.

Guest chicken little

piece about ginola in voetbal internationaal that might be worth reading through google translate: the footballer who was too beautiful to be real.

one thing though, i had a season ticket back then i can't remember for the life of me anybody ever chanting this:

‘We are the world’s most passionate fans and we look real cool,

Caus’ the Geordies’ rule with Ginola,

La la la, Ginola,

He’ll score us a goal’a.’

?

piece about ginola in voetbal internationaal that might be worth reading through google translate: the footballer who was too beautiful to be real.

one thing though, i had a season ticket back then i can't remember for the life of me anybody ever chanting this:

‘We are the world’s most passionate fans and we look real cool,

Caus’ the Geordies’ rule with Ginola,

La la la, Ginola,

He’ll score us a goal’a.’

?

There was a verse like that but I can't recall - sure it had 'Brown Ale in his hand' or something in it?!

He makes us sing and he makes us dance,

He's a superstar and he comes from France,

Ginola, La la la Ginola

Omar El Kaddouri: "In the airport, Gonzalo Higuaín and I threw a backpack on the stairs pretending it was a bomb, we started to run and even the security guard started to run because he was scared. We died of laughter.”

This Gary Neville shit is proper tedious. No wonder most pundits err on the side of bland nothingness when others are ready to wet themselves so easily.

Don't even get me started on Jermaine Jenas taking umbrage at being called spineless. :lol: Pathetic little cunt.

This Gary Neville shit is proper tedious. No wonder most pundits err on the side of bland nothingness when others are ready to wet themselves so easily.

Don't even get me started on Jermaine Jenas taking umbrage at being called spineless. :lol: Pathetic little cunt.

He's an annoying little shitbag Jenas. Shite pundit.

https://www.football365.com/news/nevilles-advocate-why-the-valencia-argument-is-bcks

Good article imo. Redknapp is a still an absolutely relentless gobshite.

It's just human nature and Neville's style is combative.

Redknapp managed Spurs to a top 4 finish.. maybe even 2. He also got them into the CL quarter finals. That ranks high in his achievements in a 30-year career as a football manager which was largely successful.

Then Gary Neville saunters on TV calling pre-Pocchettino Spurs "spineless", "soft" etc. I think Gary was overly loose-lipped with that comment. Especially as I think it's mostly in reference to the Spurs sides he faced in the PL and not the Modric and Bale team that Redknapp managed. Redknapp's well in his rights to be upset over those comments. Especially from a man that failed miserably in his own managerial career at a big club.

Generally, I think Neville's analysis is thoughtful but he's wrong in this one.

That reminds me how people in the media often forget about Sir Bobby's time with us. Battling for the CL 3 years in a row. It wasn't just the KK years we had good teams after that.