Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Vile shite

Absolutely disgraceful from sky glorifying and being dramatic in the death of a 130+ year old community institution likes its some kind of deadline day hullabalooza

Fuck Sky, Fuck Jim White  and just fuck modern football the whole thing should just burn

Are Sky the single worst thing associated with modern football? Racist fans, then them, imo. So much that's crap about modern football can be attributed to them in one way or another. I was gonna say maybe betting, but Sky have got a massive betting enterprise of their own so they can't be trumped by that.

Are Sky the single worst thing associated with modern football? Racist fans, then them, imo. So much that's crap about modern football can be attributed to them in one way or another. I was gonna say maybe betting, but Sky have got a massive betting enterprise of their own so they can't be trumped by that.

Sky are the ones that have ruined football for me, gone are the days of every club having hope and being able to compete. Gone are the days of having a chance of winning the FA Cup or league cup. Now we have a league ruined by greed and money and where only 6 teams matter and the rest are cannon fodder for them. Now we have teams in lower leagues facing expulsion for the sake of a tiny fraction of the cost of 1 Harry Fucking Maguire

Oh for a return to the old first division times of late 80s early 90s where hope was prevalent in fans and money had not ruined the game we all grew up to love

Sky Bet isn't actually owned by Sky.

Guest neesy111

Not now, they were though.

Yes.

Do Sky still advertise Skybet odds?

Guest neesy111

Do what though? Either manage your finances correctly or this is what happens. Unfair on other clubs if there are clubs living beyond their means

How about implementing a proper fit and proper persons test? How about instead of postponing games which would gain clubs like Bolton and Bury income, they let them play those games? How about as part of FFP, if your club is showing sings of financial difficulty then an administrator by the league is ordered to take control of the football club until the club is a better situation? How about there is a better trickle down of money to other clubs? How about instead of just sitting on the sidelines when their members go to the wall, they actually do something to prevent it. Both the FA and EFL have stood and watched what has happened at Bolton and Bury and let it happen. The EFL have actively taken action that would hinder both clubs from being rescued.

feels like at the very least they should have a contingency fund in place to help out clubs from going bust, players and staff not getting paid etc.

I agree for that in terms of players getting paid etc.  But football clubs already have ridiculously favorable terms when they go into admin compared if I had a business that went bust.  If you make it impossible for clubs to not go bust, it'll encourage mismanagement even more.

Do what though? Either manage your finances correctly or this is what happens. Unfair on other clubs if there are clubs living beyond their means

How about implementing a proper fit and proper persons test? How about instead of postponing games which would gain clubs like Bolton and Bury income, they let them play those games? How about as part of FFP, if your club is showing sings of financial difficulty then an administrator by the league is ordered to take control of the football club until the club is a better situation? How about there is a better trickle down of money to other clubs? How about instead of just sitting on the sidelines when their members go to the wall, they actually do something to prevent it. Both the FA and EFL have stood and watched what has happened at Bolton and Bury and let it happen. The EFL have actively taken action that would hinder both clubs from being rescued.

feels like at the very least they should have a contingency fund in place to help out clubs from going bust, players and staff not getting paid etc.

I agree for that in terms of players getting paid etc.  But football clubs already have ridiculously favorable terms when they go into admin compared if I had a business that went bust.  If you make it impossible for clubs to not go bust, it'll encourage mismanagement even more.

aye i mean you can't have a fund that literally prevents clubs going bust but considering the obscene wealth in the game there should absolutely be some fallback setup to protect club employees and players from the whims of these wanker millionairres taking the piss

I think so.

That'd be Joseph Cala who ran the Heed to the verge of extinction.

Jesus christ, man. That bloke shouldn't even be able to so much as approach another football club, let alone bid for one.