Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Said he was given a Paraguayan Passport on arrival "as a gift".

Because national identity documents are often handed out when flowers are out of season.  SMH 

Read somewhere that Ronaldinho "doesn't understand" why he's been arrested - the news story was accompanied by a pic of the Dinho's goofiest grin. I've heard of footballers being divorced from reality in some daft ways, but this seems to be a special case...

Said he was given a Paraguayan Passport on arrival "as a gift".

Because national identity documents are often handed out when flowers are out of season.  SMH 

Read somewhere that Ronaldinho "doesn't understand" why he's been arrested - the news story was accompanied by a pic of the Dinho's goofiest grin. I've heard of footballers being divorced from reality in some daft ways, but this seems to be a special case...

His lawyer has indeed claimed that he's too dumb to know what he was doing was illegal.  :laugh:

Sad news from one of my favourite players ever.

"Dear friends and supporters.

In an attempt to stop speculation and mis information about my health, I have decided to release the following statement. After a series of recent tests, I have been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's Disease. Medication has been prescribed and with some life changes, which I intend to commit to fully, the prognosis is a good one. I will be out and about for many years yet and see this as just another of life's journeys. My match day duties with Aston Villa will remain an important part of my future and I will continue to perform these, in support of my beloved club, for as long as my health allows. With the love and support of family and close friends guaranteed, I am very optimistic and positive about the future.

With Love.

Gordon ( Sid ) Cowans x"

Sad news from one of my favourite players ever.

"Dear friends and supporters.

In an attempt to stop speculation and mis information about my health, I have decided to release the following statement. After a series of recent tests, I have been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's Disease. Medication has been prescribed and with some life changes, which I intend to commit to fully, the prognosis is a good one. I will be out and about for many years yet and see this as just another of life's journeys. My match day duties with Aston Villa will remain an important part of my future and I will continue to perform these, in support of my beloved club, for as long as my health allows. With the love and support of family and close friends guaranteed, I am very optimistic and positive about the future.

With Love.

Gordon ( Sid ) Cowans x"

Touched by that. Remember him as a big art of Villa's success in the early 80s, then he just disappeared off my radar. Great positive attitude, wish him all the best.

Just thinking about how he disappeared from my life for 35 years or so, makes me wish the same could have happened for Gassa.

The rearranged Man City v Arsenal match has been postponed again because of the coronavirus - Arsenal faced Olympiakos recently, whose owner has it.

Holy shit. Shit is about to hit the fan. Wonder if the season will even end up finishing, at this rate :(

The rearranged Man City v Arsenal match has been postponed again because of the coronavirus - Arsenal faced Olympiakos recently, whose owner has it.

Holy shit. Shit is about to hit the fan. Wonder if the season will even end up finishing, at this rate :(

Oh can you just imagine!  Season unable to be completed.... Liverpool as 2019/20 champions but with a massive asterix next to it.

They are cancelling football because it makes headlines

No other reason

If they were that arsed they would close the London Underground

What? so crashing an entire public transport system that the economy is dependent on is analogous to cancelling football games?

So your telling me that things are so bar they can’t have 50000 people together but they can run a system with millions of people on?