Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

16 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

You people are obsessed with what other people call other people. i remember when you all got up in arms about Ayoze Peres being called by his proper name.

I remember a period of a few weeks where it seemed commentators had been briefed to call him “Ayothee” and then it went back to Ayozee or Perez.

24 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I remember a period of a few weeks where it seemed commentators had been briefed to call him “Ayothee” and then it went back to Ayozee or Perez.

My point is, if you introduced yourself to Ayoze he would introduce himself as Ay-oh-they, what more do you need?

Just now, Happinesstan said:

My point is, if you introduced yourself to Ayoze he would introduce himself as Ay-oh-they, what more do you need?

I guess I was commentating on the absurdity of it. My daughter has my Perez top now I’ve got an ASM, and she still pronounces it as Ayothee.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Good. Why would you pronounce it any other way?

Gets confusing when we play FIFA and “Perez” has the ball.

I hear you - I used to be a teacher, and getting kids’ names is really important. You ask them to pronounce it, repeat it back and listen for corrections.

Some of the pronunciation is diabolical - from Karlo Darlow in goals to San-Maxima up front.

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

Gets confusing when we play FIFA and “Perez” has the ball.

I hear you - I used to be a teacher, and getting kids’ names is really important. You ask them to pronounce it, repeat it back and listen for corrections.

Some of the pronunciation is diabolical - from Karlo Darlow in goals to San-Maxima up front.

It's something that bugged m about Mirandinha's  signing. There was a week long inquest into how to say his name. Just ask the fucker.

Similar thing with Mourinho. Is it Jose, hose, yossie?

Would be hilarious if UEFA and CONMEBOL just choose to enter the "properly timed" World Cups (2022, 2026, 2030, etc) and not Wenger's new additional ones. They can incentivise via the brown envelope method all they like but I can't see how a Trinidad v Denmark final generates that extra $3bn for FIFA. 

It would be fucking shite.

Cheapening the game again and again for the pursuit of lucre. 

Fuck it, let’s simulate games from now on using AI making sure only the current best teams and players win and get top brands to sponsor it. The Amazon World Cup with E-Ronaldo winning the Gazprom Golden Boot again in 2059 for the 35th year running. Brazil and Germany finalists again. England out on penalties in the quarters. 

All available on Amazon Super Prime (subscription only)