Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The club will die anyway under Ashley, it’ll just be a lot more painful 

Death by a thousand cuts...

Starting with the commercial side of things, cut that cut that cut that.

What they'll probably never be able to appreciate until it happens is that any notion of consistently trying to improve, of the idea of competition itself is gone. In the short-term, fine, but know now that any long-term dreams of any success beyond existing in the Premier League are over, without question.

If he gets them to the Premier League I'm sure they'll be delighted, but as soon as they start thinking 'right, now let's push on' the penny will drop not long after. For him it'll be mission accomplished and (if they're lucky) they'll be stuck in a hellish purgatory of doing the absolute bare minimum that he and his media mates will insist is heavenly.

They won’t be making it to the premier league under Ashley. Ashley took over a premier league side in us and systematically destroyed us. If he was to take over Derby, he’d be taking over a club with more financial issues than when he took us over, taking them over in league one and they don’t have any of the things in place at present to be a top level club. They either need incredible investment or an owner who is desperate for them succeed and will dedicate enormous time to putting everything in place to make the club a success. It would be an absolute disaster for them if he takes over in the short-term, medium-term and long-term 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They won’t be making it to the premier league under Ashley. Ashley took over a premier league side in us and systematically destroyed us. If he was to take over Derby, he’d be taking over a club with more financial issues than when he took us over, taking them over in league one and they don’t have any of the things in place at present to be a top level club. They either need incredible investment or an owner who is desperate for them succeed and will dedicate enormous time to putting everything in place to make the club a success. It would be an absolute disaster for them if he takes over in the short-term, medium-term and long-term 

Aye. He only barely kept us in the league towards the end (with two relegations thrown in for good measure), and that was mostly down to luck. There's no way he gets Derby up to the PL. 

I'm not going to judge any Derby fan for laughing off whatever we have to say about Ashley. The club's back is to the wall and they'll just see someone willing to come in and keep the club running, and understandably give them a chance.

I just feel bad for them when they inevitably come to realise how utterly pointless it is to support a Mike Ashley franchise.

I don't see them getting promoted under his ownership. I don't feel like the fact he allowed it to happen twice with us is the yardstick to use when you consider the wildly different financial starting points of the two clubs. They're not the big fish in a little pond and he sure as hell won't want to use his own money to make it so.

Not to mention he'll check out mentally from the club even faster when he realises Derby doesn't have the same mix of big-yet-insanely-loyal fan base to exploit, nor the media coverage and exposure that the 'circus' of NUFC used to provide his ratshit businesses.

Tbf it looks like the administrator is rinsing them anyway charging millions in fees and they are no further forward, apparently one of the reasons Ashley hasn't taken over yet is the fact he won't pay them what they say they are owed 

I don’t understand what Ashley wants out of owning Derby.

Is he hoping to sell it on for a profit sometime? Surely it’s not for advertising his tat like we were. They just won’t get the exposure like we did.

I don’t get it. 

11 minutes ago, LV said:

I don’t understand what Ashley wants out of owning Derby.

Is he hoping to sell it on for a profit sometime? Surely it’s not for advertising his tat like we were. They just won’t get the exposure like we did.

I don’t get it. 

If he can get them to the premier league for cheap the free advertising is obviously worth It to him. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

If he can get them to the premier league for cheap the free advertising is obviously worth It to him. 

I just can’t see them getting to the PL under his financial constraints. 

Especially when owld Pards rocks up there as their manager once Rooney inevitably leaves. 

8 minutes ago, LV said:

I just can’t see them getting to the PL under his financial constraints. 

Especially when owld Pards rocks up there as their manager once Rooney inevitably leaves. 

Remember, whenever we were in the championship we had the biggest budget. We had a champions league winning manager in the championship. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Remember, whenever we were in the championship we had the biggest budget. We had a champions league winning manager in the championship. 

We’re a much bigger club and had PL parachute payments which helped. Derby don’t have any of that. 

We’ll see I guess. 

Derby is probably perfect for him. Given where they are, they might be more accepting of that. He’s not taking over a mid-table a Premier League club with commercial deals not far behind Spurs & Arsenal to then become a club happy just to survive, he’s taking over one on its knees.

I don't know the full picture, but if there is any possibility of any other owner coming in the fans should be trying their hardest to make sure Ashley gets nowhere near their club like. It's pure delusion if they think they'll be anything other than miserable under him and once he's there he's only leaving on his own terms. I (and many others) literally stopped watching football because of him [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't know the full picture, but if there is any possibility of any other owner coming in the fans should be trying their hardest to make sure Ashley gets nowhere near their club like. It's pure delusion if they think they'll be anything other than miserable under him and once he's there he's only leaving on his own terms. I (and many others) literally stopped watching football because of him [emoji38]

This

I think its just a deal for him, he can buy them for peanuts, pay the creditors 15p in the pound and look to double or triple his investment in a few years, or just use his Newcastle model and just keep them ticking along and use it as his personal piggy bank.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I think its just a deal for him, he can buy them for peanuts, pay the creditors 15p in the pound and look to double or triple his investment in a few years, or just use his Newcastle model and just keep them ticking along and use it as his personal piggy bank.

Trouble is he’s not making money in the Championship or League One, and he’s not going to invest well enough to get them to the Premier League.