João Pedro

4 minutes ago, STM said:

We can't be far off. If we are that keen on him, we will bridge the gap.

There's a strategy at play here. I don't know what that strategy is, if I'm honest, but there is clearly a plan.

The same patter was said with Maddison

We are still waiting for the 3rd bid for him....

6 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Getting all very tiresome this now 

I remember many years ago reading in a book (Possibly The Secret Footballer) that usually when bids are made public the actual deal is already done and it’s just carried out like this so both clubs can claim victory with one set of fans happy they’ve got a good price and the other club showing their fans they’ve fought a hard bargain and tried to keep a player but the player wants the move. The fact there’s been murmurings that the player wants the move might put this deal in this category. 

Clutching straws possibly 🙂

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

This thread will be a hoot the next 20 pages of doom and agony.

I don't know why anyone would log in and be checking all the time if they have such a nervous disposition, and every rejected bid rattles them so much :lol:

Just wait till you hear that someone has officially signed, or wait till the end of the window and check back in then :lol:

14 minutes ago, STM said:

...Normally you don't even hear about the bid, its just "he's on his way for a medical after a bid was accepted"...

Agreed.

How often do you hear Club X has bid £7m for Billy Footballer!

They are now just awaiting a decision from Club Y, and all parties shall be happy to leak any details to the press, in the hope that all this can be played out in the media, whilst Club Y decide.

Some time later; Club Y have decided to ACCEPT the offer unreservedly and with no additional demands! It's as simple as that!

Back in the 90s I just remember it being chinese whispers amongst people then all of a sudden the player had signed. Remember Ferdinand, Hislop, Ginola, Barton, Asprilla, even Shearer just signing without all the "foreplay".

Just now, Skeletor said:

Back in the 90s I just remember it being chinese whispers amongst people then all of a sudden the player had signed. Remember Ferdinand, Hislop, Ginola, Barton, Asprilla, even Shearer just signing without all the "foreplay".

Before clicks were worth money.

Guest reefatoon

Looks like little Dan hates signing players. Shut up shop since he arrived.

Oh how we miss the days of blasting £25m on past it strikers. 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You’re so negative these days, I love it.

What kind of evil is this :lol:

This man is out here revelling in people descending into a dark place :lol:

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Joke?

From me yes. Thought I would get it in first before someone said it but was beaten twice [emoji38]