João Pedro

Rob Edwards this morning more or less confirming that he is for sale, but the first bid wasn't high enough.

“The bid that has come in that’s been talked about, it’s not anywhere near the level that we’d expect it to be for him.”If anything else was to come in again, then we’ll sit down and talk about it as a club and as a board.”

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Rob Edwards this morning more or less confirming that he is for sale, but the first bid wasn't high enough.

“The bid that has come in that’s been talked about, it’s not anywhere near the level that we’d expect it to be for him.”If anything else was to come in again, then we’ll sit down and talk about it as a club and as a board.”

Also, as far as I can tell from the article on The Athletic, this was actually in reference to the first bid, not the second. 

If Pedro is viewed as our alternative to Ekitike, I wonder if any deal for him will be structured similarly. The Ekitike one was supposedly only 12 million upfront, that would leave a decent chunk left for any further business.

How the f*** would he know like?
How could someone outside of the select few know in advance when a club is likely to contact another club with an offer?
Wihout a serious leak that has got to be BS, surely?

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

How the f*** would he know like?
How could someone outside of the select few know in advance when a club is likely to contact another club with an offer?
Wihout a serious leak that has got to be BS, surely?

Agents might know and could pass it on.

Romano, in fairness to him, doesn't seem to just make random shit up out of the blue. So it's likely he's been told something by someone he can trust to some degree (that info being right is another matter). 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

14 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I get the comparison but Ekitike was our first choice for a reason. He had 16 goal involvements in 26 games and Borussia Dortmund and PSG were after him. He also just looked much better from watching his highlights and was reportedly cheaper than João Pedro, who had 5 goal involvements in 30 and no one else is in for.

There's quite a big gap in what their potential looks like at the moment. Hopefully it's meaningless and João Pedro is class though because he does look good.

Still an interesting thread though and obviously my post isn't aimed at anything you've said.

I find these sort of arguments funny. Let's face it, have you ever seen Ekitike play in a full game outside of Youtube highlights? Have you ever seen Joao Pedro play outside of Newcastle v Watford? I highly doubt 99% of our fans have.

Maybe there's more to it then what fans on the internet think from Youtube clips?

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Ornstein is the king, but Romano is top tier too. 

I don't know why anyone thinks Romano knows anything to be honest. He's a tap in merchant... has he ever been first with news? Ever? He watches all the journalists, sees what the consensus is, and then posts. That's all.

49 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don't know why anyone thinks Romano knows anything to be honest. He's a tap in merchant... has he ever been first with news? Ever? He watches all the journalists, sees what the consensus is, and then posts. That's all.

Aye I'm sure that's all he does :lol: