João Pedro

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

But that’s who we decided to sign instead of JP. I don’t really think there is any doubt it was one or the other so I don’t really give a shit how he’s doing against Middlesbrough :lol:

That was never the discussion stop it :lol:

You said you saw him a fair bit for Watford and he never stood out and wasn't good.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Not really. Have you seen how people rave about him on here? I'm sorry, but if he was that good one of the top clubs would have bought him. That is standard with the top clubs in this country, especially with him being at Palace who aren't especially difficult to deal with. Even with a year left this summer, no deal.

When Man United bought him he only managed two premier league games before being sent back to Palace on loan. Come on man. 

Lets see Chelsea are being mentioned and things are looking bad over there and the owner is a bit daft. Maybe they'll pick him up, and we can see what he looks like there.

Nah, you're talking absolute shite.

Dendonker can't be any good because Everton are after him.

You: don't be so ridiculous

Also you: if Zaha is so good why is he only at Crystal Palace? :lol:

Absolutely clutching at straws with daft irrelevant arguments when his goals and assists tell you all you need to know about how good he is.

Just now, KaKa said:

Absolutely zero chance of that.

It's highly unlikely that's very obvious.

But to say it has zero chance is a bit peculiar - much stranger things/deals have happened in football. 

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That was never the discussion stop it :lol:

You said you saw him a fair bit for Watford and he never stood out and wasn't good.

He wasn’t in the premier league that’s a level above Middlesbrough behave yourself man :lol:

Just now, dcmk said:

It's highly unlikely that's very obvious.

But to say it has zero chance is a bit peculiar - much stranger things/deals have happened in football. 

They already turned down a £25 million bid with £5 million add ons, and you think they'll suddenly let him go out on loan initially? With him being a key part of the first team? Can't see it at all really.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

He wasn’t in the premier league that’s a level above Middlesbrough behave yourself man :lol:

Alright man. No big deal if you didn't rate him. He clearly hadn't quite pulled it all together yet, but was showing flashes of brilliance by all accounts. Think it was a sneaky good deal, but by the end of the season it will be infinitely more expensive and difficult to do.

In any case we've gone for a more established player with Wilson being so injury prone and so we'll be just fine. If we do still want a younger prospect at the end of the season I'm sure there will be others out there.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They already turned down a £25 million bid with £5 million add ons, and you think they'll suddenly let him go out on loan initially? With him being a key part of the first team? Can't see it at all really.

I don't expect it to happen.  I actually said it's very unlikely to happen but it would be ideal for us.

Considering we probably can't afford the same bid we made a week ago.  The loan and compulsory buy move is maybe our only possible way of signing him this window. But who knows for sure.

Recent football transfers have seen crazier stuff happen. 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Alright man. No big deal if you didn't rate him. He clearly hadn't quite pulled it all together yet, but was showing flashes of brilliance by all accounts. Think it was a sneaky good deal, but by the end of the season it will be infinitely more expensive and difficult to do.

In any case we've gone for a more established player with Wilson being so injury prone and so we'll be just fine. If we do still want a younger prospect at the end of the season I'm sure there will be others out there.

I already said I was beginning to change my mind on him but I wouldn’t get carried away over a game v boro I’ve we sign him I wouldn’t be disappointed 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I already said I was beginning to change my mind on him but I wouldn’t get carried away over a game v boro I’ve we sign him I wouldn’t be disappointed 

Fair enough :thup:

6 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I don't expect it to happen.  I actually said it's very unlikely to happen but it would be ideal for us.

Considering we probably can't afford the same bid we made a week ago.  The loan and compulsory buy move is maybe our only possible way of signing him this window. But who knows for sure.

Recent football transfers have seen crazier stuff happen. 

Yeah, it would work great for us. I just think Watford would tell us to do one.

18 minutes ago, wrightstuff83 said:

Really don’t get why we wouldn’t go get him. With wood and long staff starting Sunday it really highlights the lack of depth in the squad

Apparently Watford moved the goal post.

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

You ?

I'd say there's a good chance seeing we were only a few million away from agreeing the add-ons and base price.

Apparently he was ready to come after terms weren't considered an issue.

Who knows what'll happen but I'd love to see us push for this again 🤞