João Pedro

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

You would think that. Seems quite the coincidence that nearly every journalist covering newcastle have said £40m it’s almost like they have been briefed

Maybe, but if that's that case it's very unlikely that they"ve been briefed on our true budget.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Maybe, but if that's that case it's very unlikely that they"ve been briefed on our true budget.

I don’t imagine it’ll be far off. I guess we only have 2 weeks to find out 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I don’t imagine it’ll be far off. I guess we only have 2 weeks to find out 

I think our budget will be based on who is available, willing to sign for us, matches our valuation and would improve our squad. We could well end up spending £40m or less but I don't think that would be due to that being our maximum budget.

Wouldn't mind Pedro as the backup AM, and Ramos as the back up CF. Both are under 21 so won't count in the 25. I think can use the 40m we have as 20m upfront payments each with more in installments later.  Pulisic and a CM (you know who) would be a great bonus. 

Forgive the name drop but, when we were on speaking terms, I asked Watford fan Kelly Somers about Joao Pedro and she really rates him.

And when you see some of the other fees being thrown around, anything around £25m could be quite nice tbh. 

I'm more of a Sarr man myself, mind.

Edited by Ketsbaia

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

To be fair our fans thought Longstaff was a £50m player and Lascelles should be starting for England. 

£25m is more than fair enough for someone who's never really done much at PL level. 

A year later they were prepared to give him away.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

The Watford lads on that Loaded Mag channel were waxing lyrical about him like. Couldn't have gushed more about him than they did tbh.

One thing's for sure though, he's not a striker, at least not at the moment.

From 17 minutes

https://youtu.be/Q4tiG-WQC4Q

Bastard, excited now and suddenly worried we won't sign him.

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Presumably that's what he means by "Watford will decide soon", maybe they'll sell one or the other but not both?

They supposedly would rather keep Pedro so you would think he’s going to have to really push for the move.

If they're more or less going to treble their money, they'll probably go for that. Pretty similar to what they did with Richarlison isn't it? 

It'll be interesting to see what we do with him, should we land him. Seems to love a dribble and looks like he has a great eye for a pass. Even if he didn't have the best game the other night he appeared to create Watford's best 3 chances (goal aside). 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Surely we've still got some shite we can offload as part of a deal. Still got a few who could do a job in the championship

Said the other day, think Ritchie could definitely still do a job in the Championship, and is the exact sort of character it sounds like that dressing room needs. He wants to head back down south as well. 

Fair play to Watford for identifying all these players in the first place, then developing them to a point their values have increased so much! I assume this is a model we will adopt to, and need to. 

Begs the question why they did not perform last year with these players.

My mate is a Watford fan and he says they recruit well with players, but their management appointments have been the complete opposite.

Just now, Dan Gleebals said:

Fair play to Watford for identifying all these players in the first place, then developing them to a point their values have increased so much! I assume this is a model we will adopt to, and need to. 

Yeah but this time I hope we're not planning on getting relegated and selling them.