João Pedro

2 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

If Everton offer a few mil more but Pedro doesn’t want to go there how does that play out?

Unlikely scenario tbh, he’ll end up at whichever club agree the fee first 

10 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Don't want to derail the thread but Leon's backstory makes it even better.

His Mum was 15 when he was born in Jamaica, dad was a gangster who was murdered when he was 5 I think, he then met his half brother (also a good fighter in Bellator) who he never knew, they all moved to England when Leon was 6 and the coach who gave him the great motivational speech during the fight has been training him since he was a teenager. 

Leon's deserved a title shot for years now and has been screwed over and ridiculed by fans for Masvidal situation, Belal eye poke etc. The top contenders, including Masvidal, have ducked him for years and he finally got his title shot, was a big underdog and won it like that, absolutely amazing.

Seems like such a nice, humble guy too

When’s the Davina summary coming up? Waiting for a long lost family type finish to this random tale. He’s Joao Pedro’s cousin and has always been NUFC obsessed??

5 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

If Everton offer a few mil more but Pedro doesn’t want to go there how does that play out?

With difficulty, I imagine.

I'm not sure if Everton are playing the game here. It's a bit like us and Michael Owen, though on a different scale - offering the club and /or the player a bit more money to put the mockers on the move that he really wants. If it succeeds, it's unlikely to work out well, any more than it worked for us and MO.

8 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

It´s quite possible that Watford leak out this info to try and better the options we are negotiating with them.

It is very beleivable as Everton are about to receive 60 million for the teenage junky lookalike.

Fuck Watford, they’re playing games. They can keep him. We’ve made an offer. They’ve turned it down. If he goes to Everton he wasn’t our kind of player anyway. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Didn’t PSG offer less for Ekitike?

Different level of club though and probably serves Reims well to keep PSG in their good books. Plus their offer may well involve more money upfront or less clauses.

Don't let the Ekitike deal haunt you. He chose a club light years away from us, 1 he supports and in his home nation.

Everton are a shambles and going nowhere. Treading water for at least the next 5 years. In 5 years time we could be doing great things, the gap will be astronomical between us.

If a player chooses that over a few grand a week then he simply wasn't for us. 

2 minutes ago, Geordiebri said:

How does Pedro get ninety pages? Am i missing something? 

People are excited about the club and where its going and will take any opportunity to talk about it and live in hope about the kind of players we could sign after being starved for so long of any positivity. O0

18 minutes ago, RS said:

If he goes to Everton he wasn’t our kind of player anyway. 

I don’t get this line of thinking. If he goes to Everton it’s because Watford accepted their bid and offered him Premier League football and bigger wages. I don’t see how that reflects poorly on the player at all.

1 minute ago, Joseph said:

I don’t get this line of thinking. If he goes to Everton it’s because Watford accepted their bid and offered him Premier League football and bigger wages. I don’t see how that reflects poorly on the player at all.

Because we are a much more exciting project than Everton right now? 

40 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I sort of understand our new policy stands us in good stead when managing selling clubs and agents expectations going forward, but we are probably going to miss a lot of first choice targets this way.

It's really commendable how they're working, it's just not bearing any fruits just yet, unfortunately.

Hopefully once this tag of mega rich Saudi owned Newcastle dies down a bit we may be allowed to work with a bit more freedom.

Simple solution, don't go for your first choice first.

1 minute ago, Joseph said:

I do think it would reflect poorly on his judgement. As has been said by many current and ex professionals, one of the biggest reasons a player will choose a clubs is based on the players at that club and how good he perceives them to be. Other than Everton fans I can't imagine anyone who would say Everton has the better squad.

7 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Aye - given the choice i'm sure he chooses us.

He may not get to have a choice.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

If Watford are aiming to drive the price up and get us to pay more then they seriously haven’t watched us do business this window because that’s something we just don’t do.

They don't need us to offer more, they just need another club to offer more.

They don't care if he comes to us or not.

58 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Don't want to derail the thread but Leon's backstory makes it even better.

His Mum was 15 when he was born in Jamaica, dad was a gangster who was murdered when he was 5 I think, he then met his half brother (also a good fighter in Bellator) who he never knew, they all moved to England when Leon was 6 and the coach who gave him the great motivational speech during the fight has been training him since he was a teenager. 

Leon's deserved a title shot for years now and has been screwed over and ridiculed by fans for Masvidal situation, Belal eye poke etc. The top contenders, including Masvidal, have ducked him for years and he finally got his title shot, was a big underdog and won it like that, absolutely amazing.

Seems like such a nice, humble guy too

I’m further derailing the thread he but (as you’ll already know if you know that much)  was also the first UK fighter to win a belt in the UFC who trained in England. Most fighters - like Bisping - move to America to join higher profile camps as the wrestling over here is always looked down on. 

Good clip here of the coaches working like you mentioned during the fight too: 

Apologies for going off topic to people who don’t give a shit! 

22 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Perennial plodders or an owner who’s team genuinely want success?  Depends on what you want for a career I guess. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m further derailing the thread he but (as you’ll already know if you know that much)  was also the first UK fighter to win a belt in the UFC who trained in England. Most fighters - like Bisping - move to America to join higher profile camps as the wrestling over here is always looked down on. 

Good clip here of the coaches working like you mentioned during the fight too: 

Apologies for going off topic to people who don’t give a shit! 

More interesting than debates about Luke Edwards like!

You ever watched the Fighting in the Age of Loneliness documentary? I'm not even really into MMA but I love it.