Alexander Isak

Disco

He's incredible, was delighted when we signed him as he along with Merino were my ideal semi realistic signings when the takeover was done. However seeing him a lot more this past year and he's even better than I thought 

There's a number of our players that I love and don't want sold but for me he's top of the never consider selling list.

With others, don't want to lose them but I believe you can either get similar players out there in terms of style or even ability.  

Whereas a player of his style is pretty unique, tall, quick, great feet and elite finishing is just a lethal combination. 

Hope he's here long enough to get a testimonial. 

I'll be honest, I don't think it's even close. Who's anywhere near him?

It's his ability to do just about everything which sets him apart.

Runs in behind.

Takes on defenders.

Holds up the ball.

Scores headers.

Scores tap ins.

Scores really tough chances.

Presses like a demon.

He's elite. He just needs that one season to show everyone.

I know he already has a great song, but why not another based on the second part of the chorus from that lovable scouser Pete Wylie’s  “Come back” - video should start in right place

I-sak! - He’ll dribble past you

I-sak! - Make you look a fool

I-sak! - Then score past you too

I-sak! - He’s so f****n cool

Just now, Toontimes said:

I know he already has a great song, but why not another based on the second part of the chorus from that lovable scouser Pete Wylie’s  “Come back” - video should start in right place

I-sak! - He’ll dribble past you

I-sak! - Make you look a fool

I-sak! - Then score past you too

I-sak! - He’s so f****n cool

Get out. I mean it get out. 

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Why aren't we singing his 'gimme gimme gimme' song? I'm unreasonably annoyed that a player as good as he is isn't regularly sang about [emoji38]

It got a small airing in the Strawberry corner on Saturday like. No idea why it hasn't caught on beyond that though. 

Just now, NEEJ said:

It got a small airing in the Strawberry corner on Saturday like. No idea why it hasn't caught on beyond that though. 

Don't think people know the words yet, weirdly.

Yet the Gordon song was universally picked up in no time.

Its so much fun reading all the threads/comments about Isak.

Why? Well, becuase i have followed him since he was 16 (played for my fav team AIK in Sweden) and since his first game (entered as suibstitute as 16, scored of course within minutes.....) it was clear for everyone - this boy (which he was at the time) is special. 
The touch, the speed, the IQ just to mention a few attributes.

At 17 he had Allsvenskan (our PL) under his feet, nobody understood what was happening except for us AIK-fans who was already "used to it".
As soon he got the ball, something spectacular happened every single time. Either he scored, or assisted, created a crazy chance that someone else missed, created a corner.. you name it. Imagine what he did to Everton, it was like that every game in Allsvenskan with AIK as the standard is much lower over there, the defenders had NOTHING to say/do and barely had time to figure out what hit them. After this, Madrid and Dortmund started bidding and it was over for us, we never got to have him for a full season (he would have won us Allsvenskan on his own, it was that ridicolous).

On his 17th birthday, we played DIF which are our biggest antagonist and the derby between us is considered the biggest/baddest game of the year all categories. He ended them, as if nothing, with 2 goals and celebrated the first goal towards their stands in a cocky way.. and we loved it. Our fans did of course sing him happy birthday from the stands after the game.
For the interested, check the sumary from that game.. i dare you to say you cant se "it" even back then.. SPECIALLY the first touch before the first goal.. i mean COME ON - who does that at 17, in the biggest game of the year, against your biggest rivals, on your birthday and with EVERYONE watching and expecting you do to "stuff" as he got us used to it.

Then it went of to Dortmund, not so much time on the pitch, over to Netherlands where he TOTALLY fucked their league in a shitty team scoring 16goals in a VERY short period of time. From there to Spain and Sociedad where he had a fantastic first year, not as good followin year (having that said, they sold Oddegaard for year 2 and they were linking up REALY good before that. After Odeegaard left the coach also switched tactics and i dont think he fully used Isak correct after that. Just like the Swedish National team, not using him correctly at all).

And then Newcastle, which i am now a huge fan of by the way.. 

You all saw the first game against Liverpool, when he scored 1+ 1 that was ruled out with VAR. When he did that, i was soooooo chill at home thinking "what else is new" but i knew.. i KNEW that you guys as Newcastle fans had just gone "wtf just happened, was that luck? who is this guy".... 
I could go on and on about this lad.. but i think his way on the pitch tells you more than i can with words. 
My new motto since i "discovered" him at 16? "Just pass Isak the ball" - same goes for you guys. Just pass him the ball, no matter if he failed the 2-3 earlier dribbles.. just pass it, things will happen ;) 

Lets CRUSH City, come on Alex - crushing big teams is your thing!!

7 minutes ago, IsaksGhost said:

Its so much fun reading all the threads/comments about Isak.

Why? Well, becuase i have followed him since he was 16 (played for my fav team AIK in Sweden) and since his first game (entered as suibstitute as 16, scored of course within minutes.....) it was clear for everyone - this boy (which he was at the time) is special. 
The touch, the speed, the IQ just to mention a few attributes.

At 17 he had Allsvenskan (our PL) under his feet, nobody understood what was happening except for us AIK-fans who was already "used to it".
As soon he got the ball, something spectacular happened every single time. Either he scored, or assisted, created a crazy chance that someone else missed, created a corner.. you name it. Imagine what he did to Everton, it was like that every game in Allsvenskan with AIK as the standard is much lower over there, the defenders had NOTHING to say/do and barely had time to figure out what hit them. After this, Madrid and Dortmund started bidding and it was over for us, we never got to have him for a full season (he would have won us Allsvenskan on his own, it was that ridicolous).

On his 17th birthday, we played DIF which are our biggest antagonist and the derby between us is considered the biggest/baddest game of the year all categories. He ended them, as if nothing, with 2 goals and celebrated the first goal towards their stands in a cocky way.. and we loved it. Our fans did of course sing him happy birthday from the stands after the game.
For the interested, check the sumary from that game.. i dare you to say you cant se "it" even back then.. SPECIALLY the first touch before the first goal.. i mean COME ON - who does that at 17, in the biggest game of the year, against your biggest rivals, on your birthday and with EVERYONE watching and expecting you do to "stuff" as he got us used to it.

Then it went of to Dortmund, not so much time on the pitch, over to Netherlands where he TOTALLY fucked their league in a shitty team scoring 16goals in a VERY short period of time. From there to Spain and Sociedad where he had a fantastic first year, not as good followin year (having that said, they sold Oddegaard for year 2 and they were linking up REALY good before that. After Odeegaard left the coach also switched tactics and i dont think he fully used Isak correct after that. Just like the Swedish National team, not using him correctly at all).

And then Newcastle, which i am now a huge fan of by the way.. 

You all saw the first game against Liverpool, when he scored 1+ 1 that was ruled out with VAR. When he did that, i was soooooo chill at home thinking "what else is new" but i knew.. i KNEW that you guys as Newcastle fans had just gone "wtf just happened, was that luck? who is this guy".... 
I could go on and on about this lad.. but i think his way on the pitch tells you more than i can with words. 
My new motto since i "discovered" him at 16? "Just pass Isak the ball" - same goes for you guys. Just pass him the ball, no matter if he failed the 2-3 earlier dribbles.. just pass it, things will happen ;) 

Lets CRUSH City, come on Alex - crushing big teams is your thing!!

The boy has done you proud. Isak is going to be the next big superstar to rank with Mbappe and Haaland.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

The boy has done you proud. Isak is going to be the next big superstar to rank with Mbappe and Haaland.

Hehe, proud? To say the least. Its surreal hes "ours" (played in AIK since youth), and now hes doing what hes doing in PL.. 

This might sound weird for you guys, but so far i tell you.. he has more to give, thats the weird part. Last season was fucked because of injury, if he has one full year.. im telling you guys. Haland may do 30-40 goals, but considering all the other things Isak does except the goals.. id rather have a baller like Isak in my team rather a freak of a goal scorer (ofc rather have both hehe).

Last but not least, i know Howe is subbing him to rotate becuase of many games + CL etc.. but please Eddie, stop rotating Alex - specially after scoring 2 goals... you dont sub an attacker thats "in the flow". Its the first fucking game of the year, hes 23... he can do 90min week after week for a long time before "needing rest".
Once again, i know WHY Eddie is doing it.. but it still grind my gears :D

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Isak has the potential to be the 2nd best striker in this league, but he has a very long way to go before he reaches the like of Haaland, Mbappe and Vini Jr. 

I just hope he can stay fit for the entirety of this season. 25+ goals isn’t impossible.

Just now, Flip said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Isak has the potential to be the 2nd best striker in this league, but he has a very long way to go before he reaches the like of Haaland, Mbappe and Vini Jr. 

I just hope he can stay fit for the entirety of this season. 25+ goals isn’t impossible.

I just look at the finishes like on Saturday, and that touchline magic against Everton last season, and I see a very special player. If you asked me to swap Haaland with Isak I'd say no. I think he won't score as many goals maybe, but he has more in his locker all round.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I just look at the finishes like on Saturday, and that touchline magic against Everton last season, and I see a very special player. If you asked me to swap Haaland with Isak I'd say no. I think he won't score as many goals maybe, but he has more in his locker all round.

From where we sit (Milburn L7 online with the Leazes 18yard box) we were sure his second had been deflected, no way from there he'd try to chip Martinez.