Alexander Isak

Disco

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn't make sense to play him wide so we can keep playing Wood. You also lose the work that Miggy does on the right. 

Guess if ASM is out he could potentially play left, but I'd still rather put Fraser in TBH. 

If we play Miggy in the 10 he can do what he does on the right, on the left as well.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

If we play Miggy in the 10 he can do what he does on the right, on the left as well.

Definitely potential for Miggy to play there, guess the worry would be if he runs around too much and doesn't provide enough structure. Wouldn't be against trying it if we don't sign a CM. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Definitely potential for Miggy to play there, guess the worry would be if he runs around too much and doesn't provide enough structure. Wouldn't be against trying it if we don't sign a CM. 

I don't see Miggy playing much differently in the 10 role, just gives him more opportunity to pop up on the left and get a cross in, primarily I want him linking up with Trippier and Bruno, with Isak's priority being to find space in the box.

Edited by Happinesstan

22 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I don't see Miggy playing much differently in the 10 role, just gives him more opportunity to pop up on the left and get a cross in, primarily I want him linking up with Trippier and Bruno, with Isak's priority being to find space in the box.

A number 10 that can't spot a pass, create or shoot. Great aye.

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Let’s see how many new signings start tonight that were made after we signed Isak

How many who needed that form of clearance ? Just Paqueta that I can think of.

Man Utd are probably allowed to play Antony before he's actually signed.

Edited by madras

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Has this happened to any other club this window?

I want to know if this has happened to any club or player before. This system has been in use for nearly 2 years. Never heard of it being a problem other than with our player.

wtf is going on. 

20 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

Fulham had to pull out of signing Justin Kluivert because he couldn't get a work permit

The problem is it’s not clear what’s going on. Kluivert couldn’t get FA approval as he could get 15 points required from the 6 criteria to pass the FA permit.

with isak it seems to be a problem with the home office not the FA.

I don’t think it helps that everyone seems to be using work permit/visa/fa approval interchangeably as if they are the same thing.

if it’s the home office that’s causing the blockage, is it possible he has some mild criminal record causing probs. 

Extremely frustrating. 

23 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doubt they allow scousers to get to senior positions in the civil service. 

Mate half the BBC support Liverpool, what makes you think it's any different in the Home Office? Watch the international clearance come through at 8pm tonight. #conspiracy #you'llneverwalkalone

33 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I want to know if this has happened to any club or player before. This system has been in use for nearly 2 years. Never heard of it being a problem other than with our player.

wtf is going on. 

It's modern technology to blame. It just can't handle a bank holiday.

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

We can't be shoehorning players into our formation by sticking this guy on the right wing, or putting ASM on the right just to play Isak on the left. He is striker. While he seemingly can drift out wide during matches, he's started like 2 matching on LW and RW in his entire career according to transfermarkt. Play him in his natural position together with Wilson, or start him or Wilson on the bench so we have options to change things up during games.

He's been playing in a different league to the PL. There is nothing to say his attributes can't be used in different ways. Look at Bruno. A DM/CDM through and through, but we want to use him in a more advanced role because we recognise his attributes are beneficial to the way we want to play in the PL.

38 minutes ago, KDT said:

Maupay couldn't play last night because of Monday being a bank holiday & thus not being registered 1 working day before their match.

:lol: It's a bit mad if Saturdays and Sundays aren't working days in football