Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

If he starts hes gonna be knackered by 60 - 70 mins.

Hopefully by then we can see the game out if were drawing/winning.

Why?

Edited by Slim

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, duo said:

Watch him be on the bench :yao:

More than likely, I’m not sure how they could have prepared for the match with him starting if they had no guarantees he’d even be able to feature.

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I mean, everything we know about how Howe operates suggests this is likely to be the case.

People seem obsessed with Howe not putting people in straight away, but I think it's more to do with not changing a winning team and keeping faith with those who have done well so far. It's about morale, letting people know that if they keep doing what's asked of them their place is safe.

Like when we bought Bruno, we were in the middle of a great run so he kept keeping the faith with the same midfield and perhaps rightly so. I'm sure if we get horsed tonight with Isak on the bench, he'll start at the weekend.

But if by some miracle we beat Liverpool with Wood starting, then Wood will start again V Palace. It has little to nothing to do with "easing people in".

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Why not? Wood isn't good enough. Howe clearly didn't fancy Dubs, and Trippier was ahead of all of our RB options.

Because both players have tons of experience in the PL as well as a preseason (Pope). Not saying that Isak won’t start or that I wouldn’t start him. Just wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench to begin with, especially since we are playing Liverpool away, even if that might not make much of a difference. Ability wise he should start Isak, no doubt. Howe might be thinking more long term though.