Alexander Isak

Disco

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

£63M? Bargain.

42 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not even that. Just over £50m. There were a lot of add ons.

Scouting at this place now is incredible. Isak, Botman and Pope.  Even if just two of them had turned out like they have it'd be great.

33 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Scouting at this place now is incredible. Isak, Botman and Pope.  Even if just two of them had turned out like they have it'd be great.

Because there were almost zero player sales (outside of Wood, which wasn't a windfall) it was critical they hit on the players they committed 40-50M to with sponsorship money currently limited. Job done.

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

You can add Bruno, Burn, Trippier to that as well.

Notice how our first goal comes from Isak putting pressure on De Gea and Varane and then riling the crowd when the ball goes out for a throw in. Couple of tackles later, he plays that lovely ball out to Bruno that leads to the goal. 

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He's helped evolve the way we play with the number eights running off him.

Makes the 4-3-3 we are playing so much more dangerous going forward.

Him dropping into space to receive the ball, maintain possession and link play before then getting into the box with the number eights who have gone forward off him when he dropped, is absolutely vital.

We need another younger striker with similar traits that can rotate with him going forward. Probably be Joao Pedro.

Isak in the post match interview on swedish coverage saying the team spirit and togetherness is unlike anything he’s ever experienced at this level. 

Reporter; ”where will this end?”

isak; ”Well, you all know what we are fighting for, and that’s Champions league. This was a huge win and step in that direction”

13 minutes ago, ShakaHislop said:

Isak in the post match interview on swedish coverage saying the team spirit and togetherness is unlike anything he’s ever experienced at this level. 

Reporter; ”where will this end?”

isak; ”Well, you all know what we are fighting for, and that’s Champions league. This was a huge win and step in that direction”

He looks massively invested judging by some of his reactions yesterday to events (Willock flop, massive celebration etc.). He's such a cool character that I wasn't sure if he'd fully buy-in like, say, Bruno, but it absolutely looks that way at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He looks massively invested judging by some of his reactions yesterday to events (Willock flop, massive celebration etc.). He's such a cool character that I wasn't sure if he'd fully buy-in like, say, Bruno, but it absolutely looks that way at the moment.

Guessing its hard not to be when everyone is giving a 100%.  Don't really want to be the odd man out.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He's so silky smooth on the ball. His first touch on the halfway line yesterday from Bruno's hoof in the first half was sexxxxxyy.

Would have been such a good goal had Willock scored it. Maxis run and pass was top class as well, thought he waited too long to play in Isak or Murphy (I think), but then plays that perfect ball for Willock that no one saw coming. 

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I didnt realise just how good he was until his last few games. Some of his touches yesterday were fantastic. A genuine cut above

Same here. He has got everything 

4 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Still have to pinch myself that we've managed to sign a player of his calibre and reputation at this point in our journey when there's only about 10 players of his ilk out there. 

His form dropped off in 21/22 before we bought him. I was convinced we overpaid. Not anymore.