Alexander Isak

Disco

Just now, duo said:

I don't think there is a striker with more composure in the league - give him more chances and he'll bang in more goal.

It’s why I’m thinking we need a 10 before a DM. Someone who gets him the ball in the channels. Maybe a DM frees Bruno (and eventually Tonali) up for that but who knows. 

I noticed the day he was peeling off his marker and bending his runs into the box which bruno etc weren't paying attention to. That's what fucks our creativity up too much emphasis on getting that ball to Trippier and miggy. It's so predictable even flash goes right all the time now. 

Quite sad as I appreciate the goals but liked him coming over to "defend" Gordan shows a bit of metal and fight which while I don't want to see at all times is nice to show its in there. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Best player we have, and has the potential to be the best player we’ve ever had.

If we can work out how to keep him fit, he’s a £150m forward.  He’d score 30+ a season. 

Yup, now Kane has gone, the robot and Isak are the best in the league for me. However Isak has more to his game imo than Haaland, a lot more.

Irreplaceable, we can't attract or find anyone for that matter with his traits. The ice cold thing describes him perfectly. Still can't believe we got him.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Best player we have, and has the potential to be the best player we’ve ever had.

If we can work out how to keep him fit, he’s a £150m forward.  He’d score 30+ a season. 

And we are still not getting the best out of him. We need to set him up better game after game.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

It’s why I’m thinking we need a 10 before a DM. Someone who gets him the ball in the channels. Maybe a DM frees Bruno (and eventually Tonali) up for that but who knows. 

I think Tonali would definitely bring him the balls in to his feet in the box. If we were more inclined to get balls in to the box for him to run on to he'd have more chances too imo. He's incredible at taking the ball in his stride snd getting a shot away. 

13 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

And he’s still not fully fit or playing with some sort of a niggle holding him back. Imagine this guy at full pelt!

..and some creativity in the side. Atm he's feeding off scraps 

Get a DM and allow Bruno to play further forward, that way Bruno can be playing those little inside through balls, Isak will get another hat full.

He's nowhere near his potential. Hardly even see him on the ball, taking on players etc. Yet he's still scoring. 

He's an absolute killer.

Would love to see him with a proper technical creative link between him and CM. Someone able to exploit space between the opposition defence and midfield without Isak having to go too deep too often and be less isolated centrally. Not only that, but having this creative attacking midfielder would often also draw in one of the CB’s out of position leaving more space for Isak to run into. We would also have something different than just trying to take advantage from the wide positions. But to be able to “carry” a more offensive player we have to get better when it comes to possession overall. Having said that there are creative options out there that aren’t weak and slow as piss too, definitely. Finding the right balance is key. Isak would benefit sooo much from this. Unbelievable the potential is with him if he can stay fit and the system is built more around him than it is now. 

Very cool and calm finisher in general. Would like him to improve his back to goal/leading the line part of his game. Hopefully will come with experience.

20 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Does he have another song other than Give me give me sticker from Sweden? 

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to Isak
And by now, Isak should've somehow realised what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about Isak now

And backbeat, the word is on the street that the fire in Isaks heart is out
I'm sure Isaks heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about Isak now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to Isak, but I don't know how

Because maybe
Isaks gonna be the one that saves me
And after all