Alexander Isak

Disco

1 hour ago, BoSelecta said:

Glimpses today of the Willock-Isak partnership which will hopefully carry us into the European places by the end of the season.

I was actually quite disappointed when they went off together, they were really starting to find gaps in between the Wolves defensive lines. Some very clever one twos which almost came off.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was actually quite disappointed when they went off together, they were really starting to find gaps in between the Wolves defensive lines. Some very clever one twos which almost came off.

I was delighted tbh. Wolves were a spent force, Isak isn’t fit and we have to manage Willock’s minutes. I’d have brought Anderson on instead of Miley for some game time but I guess Miley is a central midfielder's whereas Anderson isn’t. 

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I was delighted tbh. Wolves were a spent force, Isak isn’t fit and we have to manage Willock’s minutes. I’d have brought Anderson on instead of Miley for some game time but I guess Miley is a central midfielder's whereas Anderson isn’t. 

Think it's more the recovery stage Anderson's at. Due to the nature of his back injury there wasn't much strength and conditioning he could do for many months. 

11 hours ago, TRon said:

I know what you mean but it's very wise. These two are the first 2 lads I'd want on the teamsheet especially when fit, but hopefully game by game we'll get another 5-10 mins out of them. 

Hope he does get his body sorted out, whatever is wrong with him. There were times yesterday where he reminded me of Ameobi, he was so lumbering on the turn.

Felt bad for him to be honest, as I know he's a lot more than that - think of the assist for Murphy at Everton - so guess he's playing through a lot at the minute.

He desperately needs the summer and hopefully it’s just a case of resting his body rather than needing an operation. We need to make sure we don’t break this lad as his ability all hangs on his ability to switch direction and change his balance up in a split second 

It's an absolute godsend that Sweden are currently shit and they missed out on the Euros. A full summer's recuperation and tailored fitness programme is gonna have firing on all cylinders come August.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Doesn't look a healthy running gait

Just did a search of "runs funny' on this site.  At various times, Dan Burn, Lewis Hall (repeatedly), Thauvin, Tiote and Geremi have all been identified as running funny.  No silly walks, though.

15 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

Just did a search of "runs funny' on this site.  At various times, Dan Burn, Lewis Hall (repeatedly), Thauvin, Tiote and Geremi have all been identified as running funny.  No silly walks, though.

Tiote used to do an absolutely mad one. I asked him about it in an online Q&A and I don't think he even knew what I meant. 

Really hope he can get properly fit for the start of next season.

Put the proper midfield behind him and maybe a new RW and we could have one of the most dangerous front sixes around. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Really hope he can get properly fit for the start of next season.

Put the proper midfield behind him and maybe a new RW and we will have one of the most dangerous front sixes around. 

It does annoy me a bit when he gets overly criticised for not holding the ball up. I understand it, because it's a weak part of his game, but on the other hand, if you can get him in behind, like we did on his debut against Liverpool where he shot them down with 2 goals, he is lethal. We've not had that type of striker for a long time, and I still believe once we get some key positions upgraded in midfield and up front, we'll see him getting in behind a lot more often.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

It does annoy me a bit when he gets overly criticised for not holding the ball up. I understand it, because it's a weak part of his game, but on the other hand, if you can get him in behind, like we did on his debut against Liverpool where he shot them down with 2 goals, he is lethal. We've not had that type of striker for a long time, and I still believe once we get some key positions upgraded in midfield and up front, we'll see him getting in behind a lot more often.

Yeah,I don’t give a shit that he doesn’t hold the ball up. He’s not that type of striker.

12 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Yeah,I don’t give a shit that he doesn’t hold the ball up. He’s not that type of striker.

Be like asking Shearer when he was getting to 33-34 to chase balls over the top.