Alexander Isak

Disco

On 31/03/2024 at 11:08, NSG said:

Got a horrible feeling he’ll be Arsenal’s number 1 target this summer. 

Wouldn’t even get round the table under £120m for him. Genuinely think he’s in the top half a dozen strikers in Europe.

Makes this season even more important that he keeps scoring goals, not just for our hopes right now but for this exact reason. If he (somehow) finishes with the golden boot, that adds £10M on whatever anyone is thinking is a decent price for him.

Only got to ask one question, is he worth more than Rice/Caicedo? Yes he definitely is.

I don't think there's anything positive about him leaving NUFC, the guys a gem. 

I'd be saying to him and Bruno, give us one more year, see what happens, if we under achieve then they have our blessing to move for a lot of money and abroad! 

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Only got to ask one question, is he worth more than Rice/Caicedo? Yes he definitely is.

Caicedo, absolutely. 

Rice has been phenomenal for Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Caicedo, absolutely. 

You would compare them at the point of transfer though, as Rice is arguably worth more than his transfer fee and Caicedo’s value would have dropped.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Caicedo, absolutely. 

I totally agree. Rice has been excellent and certainly worth to Arsenal what they paid for him. But considering they are more or less the same age; who commands the greater fee, a proven Premier League CM or a proven Premier League ST? 

You can argue Rice has proven it over a longer period but goals cost money and Isak has a slightly better than 1 in 2 ratio currently in PL games. 

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I totally agree. Rice has been excellent and certainly worth to Arsenal what they paid for him. But considering they are more or less the same age; who commands the greater fee, a proven Premier League CM or a proven Premier League ST? 

You can argue Rice has proven it over a longer period but goals cost money and Isak has a slightly better than 1 in 2 ratio currently in PL games. 

Personally think Isak and Rice are irreplacable at the minute. If I was Arsenal I wouldn't sell for £500m.

The only thing holding Isak back from being a superstar is his fitness.

Rice would rightly be worth more. The thing is, Isak's injury record means we probably wouldn't get as much money proportional to how actually good he is as a footballer so would never feel reasonable. 

I wouldn't sell Isak at any price tbh, even the £120m+ figures being bandied around last summer wouldn't do it.

Not sure if I'm in the minority here or not but if I absolutely had to sell one of him or Bruno, reluctantly it would be BG. Isak is a generational talent, if we can set the side up around him and keep him right he'll get 25 league goals nae bother. Look the figures he's posting whilst half fit in a side not creating many clear cut chances for him.

Edited by Pilko

For sure, Isak is world class and completely unique. There’s a reason he’s been called a Unicorn player. If we were to build the right side around him and he stayed fit, he’d score 30 league goals without a problem over multiple seasons 

Yeah, 20+ goal strikers are getting rarer and rarer these days. Bruno is magnificent but losing him could be mitigated with good re-investment and/or tactical tweaks imo. But selling Isak would just make you think "what is the point?", even for an astronomical fee.

I agree with Yorkie, with the caveat that you don't always get a choice whether to keep hold of a player. At some point, players heads get turned and the fee is too big.

The key is how you reinvest into the team.

Spurs are an example of how you can let a key player go and actually get better results.... that said, it's not a strategy I want us to adopt.

Any Isak/Bruno sale would have to be offset by 3/4 star signings (and i mean star).

Footballing reasons sell bruno, character reasons sell Isak?

Not to say Isak has bad character, just that bruno seems to love it here and I'm sure that translates to leadership etc.

7 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

Footballing reasons sell bruno, character reasons sell Isak?

Not to say Isak has bad character, just that bruno seems to love it here and I'm sure that translates to leadership etc.

Isak's just a bit more reserved I think. Obviously Bruno seems to get a particular kick out of his relationship with the fans, but even Isak was saying in his NUFCTV interview how much he loves playing at SJP. The ground seems to get under the skin of most players these days, obviously Howe as well. 

Now fucking knock it down.  

We can win games without Isak, we can't without Bruno. 

Both players are absolute unicorns but history and thr stats tells us that losing Bruno has far more impact on our results than losing Isak.

Edited by Thumbheed

53 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

We can win games without Isak, we can't without Bruno. 

Both players are absolute unicorns but history and thr stats tells us that losing Bruno has far more impact on our results than losing Isak.

No offence intended and maybe you didn't mean literally, but it's truly absurd to me that some people really actually think we can't win games without Bruno, based on a completely meaningless sample of games. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I agree with Yorkie, with the caveat that you don't always get a choice whether to keep hold of a player. At some point, players heads get turned and the fee is too big.

The key is how you reinvest into the team.

Spurs are an example of how you can let a key player go and actually get better results.... that said, it's not a strategy I want us to adopt.

Any Isak/Bruno sale would have to be offset by 3/4 star signings (and i mean star).

If we sold Isak for a huge fee, who would we be able to buy to replace him? The likes of Osimhen aren't going to come here when they have the pick of the CL clubs to choose from.

12 hours ago, NSG said:

And just like that he’s linked with a £100m move to Arsenal.

He's been linked with Arsenal for a little while now.

Moreso before he even joined us, but they blew it.

Isak's price keeps going up. They can't afford him.

As far as I'm concerned conversations start at £125 million and we negotiate upwards for there.