Alexander Isak

Disco

45 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The fee the club wanted and the wages he wanted. We ended up paying 3/4 of the original fee and 1/2 of the original wage demands. 

Even the biggest clubs can’t just buy every player. Sometimes it’s sliding doors moments and this was ours.

That makes sense then, I’d not heard before that they originally had huge demands. 

Have spent an inordinate amount of time today trying to figure out if he'll be better long term in the middle or on the left of a front three. Call me Natalie Imbruglia on this one, folks, because right now I'm torn.

I genuinely feel he'll be absolutely incredible in either role but you can't help but want to see him running at full backs more often after those absolutely disgraceful scenes that he bent us over and forced us to watch last night.

There were some reports recently that we like Osimhen. Not the first time we've seen him mentioned either, was on the radar a little last summer.

If we were to move ASM on and bring in Osimhen (or another absolute beast of a CF) in... I mean, who doesn't want to watch that? :lol:

Would also be really good for our squad versatility having him primarily on the left but able to play CF when needed.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Have spent an inordinate amount of time today trying to figure out if he'll be better long term in the middle or on the left of a front three. Call me Natalie Imbruglia on this one, folks, because right now I'm torn.

I genuinely feel he'll be absolutely incredible in either role but you can't help but want to see him running at full backs more often after those absolutely disgraceful scenes that he bent us over and forced us to watch last night.

There were some reports recently that we like Osimhen. Not the first time we've seen him mentioned either, was on the radar a little last summer.

If we were to move ASM on and bring in Osimhen (or another absolute beast of a CF) in... I mean, who doesn't want to watch that? :lol:

Would also be really good for our squad versatility having him primarily on the left but able to play CF when needed.

The ideal scenario, and I always use Liverpool because we effectively are a version of them, is to have forwards that are interchangeable in terms of their positions - the more flexibility, the better.

This in turn allows you to get 15 contributions for each of the 3 positions - you achieve this - you have a good season generally 

Have a feeling that Chelsea will take themselves to the verge of bankruptcy in order to out bid us for Oshimen this summer if we were to enter the race. Don't think it's realistic at all.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Have a feeling that Chelsea will take themselves to the verge of bankruptcy in order to out bid us for Oshimen this summer if we were to enter the race. Don't think it's realistic at all.

Maybe, but you do wonder if at some point there'll be players who'll look at the way that Chelsea are doing business and think that maybe it's not the best career move? Like, maybe Mudryk is still absolutely delighted with the few million extra he has but I suspect a large part of him really wishes he'd gone to Arsenal.

I guess ultimately it's their job and they want to maximise their earnings and Chelsea will probably offer him more in terms of wages but I wouldn't rule us out personally.

Tarkowski is such a meat head man. Hate his reaction at the end there, as if he would have done any better :lol:

Godfrey's reaction just beside him is priceless, actually felt bad for him and all the others  that got rinsed to be honest. Isak was just on one ... once he was in full flight they were all toast ;D

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Tarkowski is such a meat head man. Hate his reaction at the end there, as if he would have done any better :lol:

Godfrey's reaction just beside him is priceless, actually felt bad for him and all the others  that got rinsed to be honest. Isak was just on one ... once he was in full flight they were all toast ;D

Tarkowski is the one who laid it off to Murphy :lol: 

5 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Guy is absolute class.

I'm being lazy here but what was the general feeling with the Real Sociedad fans when he left them?  

Sad to see him leave, but the money was too good to turn down. 

Just now, Rafalove said:

This lad could be more than just a good player. He could be someone the club markets itself around and brings nee fans to us. Similar to what Shearer did.

Yup, going to be huge for attracting commercial deals, and the shirt sales are going to be silly.

Between Isak, Bruno, Joelinton and Willock, we have some great guys in that regard.