Alexander Isak

Disco

Strong Ba/Cisse vibes when Ba was shunted onto the left for Cisse. All well and good when Wilson scores but I think Isak will be getting pissed off if that's how it pans out at the start of next season as well.

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

Strong Ba/Cisse vibes when Ba was shunted onto the left for Cisse. All well and good when Wilson scores but I think Isak will be getting pissed off if that's how it pans out at the start of next season as well.

Cisse being moved to the left the following season Pardewed him.  Ba at least played well as a wide forward (albeit the goals dried up).  Cisse was an instinctive centre forward - Pardew was a fucking idiot switching him out wide 

Really impressed with his defensive effort tonight. Wasn't thrilled when I saw he was out left again on the teamsheet, but it all turned out very very nicely.

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Really impressed with his defensive effort tonight. Wasn't thrilled when I saw he was out left again on the teamsheet, but it all turned out very very nicely.

Not just that, he can dribble the ball. Impressed.

He had a small interaction with Caicedo after their first challenge early on. After that it seemed to me at least that he went a little bit extra into every challenge, dribble, duel to make sure he won every 1v1 against him. I watched Brighton - Man Utd where Caicedo played RB and he did really well. Was impressed at how effectively Isak dealt with him.

Still, prefer Isak centrally.

That pass through to Wilson for 4-1 was inch perfect. Shame everyone is injured as I'd like to have seen a classic 4 4 2 with Isak and Wilson double act up front.

Just now, The Butcher said:

Wasted out wide. Hope this experiment ends here.

Especially without a pacey FB overlapping and helping to create space and options.

To some extent I do get the persistence with the experiment, because - due to the sheer talent he has with the ball at his feet - he is good on the LW; it's just the fear of wasting that talent by not having him centrally where there are more chances to score. However, if he can score goals from that position, alongside a firing CF, we're seriously quids in.

I don't even see it as an experiment. It's a temporary thing as Yorkie says above, just because he's too good not to use . Next season the plan evolves, even if its a 433 it will be different to what we've done this season.