Alexander Isak

Disco

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

"Im very, very happy at Newcastle. I’ve just had the best season of my career, that shouldnt be underestimated. I love everything about the club, the fans, they city.

I haven't thought about moving at all, or anything of the sorts. Im very happy here and satisfied with my life"

Roughly translated from his press conference with Sweden. 

The difference  in house from the Bruno and Isak camps is fascinating mind. 

Best all round centre-forward in the country - possibly world!

If we go on the projectory that we could do, a certain Mr Shearer's NUFC record could be in doubt!

24 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Watch Chelsea cone in with a swap deal Isak for Jackson.

And then whine when we turn it down.

Ratcliffe coming in with a £10m bid and then whining in the press every day about it.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

🖤🤍Ice man 🥶 

Love it. This is the sort of interview I want to read in the slow slow months of summer. :love:

41 minutes ago, Paully said:

Best all round centre-forward in the country - possibly world!

If we go on the projectory that we could do, a certain Mr Shearer's NUFC record could be in doubt!

He just has to stay with us for the next 8-10 years and stay relatively fit, we don't need to be on any kind of trajectory.  A fit Isak scores at least 20-25/season across all competitions.

Shearer was 26 when he joined us IIRC. Isak's 24 now, and already has 35 goals for us. He's just got to stay, and stay fit.

If we *do* go on the trajectory we hope (and expect?), Isak can absolutely demolish Shearer's record and put it beyond anyone for a very long time.

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

He just has to stay with us for the next 8-10 years and stay relatively fit, we don't need to be on any kind of trajectory.  A fit Isak scores at least 20-25/season across all competitions.

Shearer was 26 when he joined us IIRC. Isak's 24 now, and already has 35 goals for us. He's just got to stay, and stay fit.

If we *do* go on the trajectory we hope (and expect?), Isak can absolutely demolish Shearer's record and put it beyond anyone for a very long time.

Steady on

He'd have to get 25 or so very consistently, like. Not sure he'd get 15ish or so in his mid 30s.

Shearer had the luxury of us being pretty shit his last couple of seasons so got plenty of games to still pad his numbers out. Would Isak be able to adapt his game at a similar age when his legs start to go?

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He'd have to get 25 or so very consistently, like. Not sure he'd get 15ish or so in his mid 30s.

Shearer had the luxury of us being pretty shit his last couple of seasons so got plenty of games to still pad his numbers out. Would Isak be able to adapt his game at a similar age when his legs start to go?

Shearer also got a lot of goals from dead ball situations where you can still be very effective in your later years when the pace starts to fade a bit. He was a lot more effective in the air and that got him a good few goals later on in life.