Tranmere Rovers 1-2 Newcastle United (24/08/2022)

Yorkie

Pleased to get through that. Their players and the ref were nothing short of a disgrace.

All of the players should be commended to an extent but it's hard to not single out Trippier for taking the game by the scruff of the neck, Lascelles for taking one for the team, and Murphy and Longstaff for being really poor.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Harsh but I was disappointed in Wood, Ritchie and Murphy.

I was particularly disappointed in Dummett, Longstaff, Willock, Murphy, Ritchie and I'll give Wood a pass because he got the winning goal, but he was poor too really.

Thought Wood was decent actually - should/could have had an assist with that nice pass to Anderson in the first half which was wrongly called offside. Cracking header for the goal. Worked hard, decent link-up play.

Not to be one of those arrogant tossers but I hope we don't come across these small time fuckers again any time soon.

Snide wankers on the pitch who can stay in the lower leagues and I can't help but dislike any fans still co-opting that fucking Viking clap. Completely unreasonable take I'm well aware, but I'll own it.

Just now, wormy said:

Not to be one of those arrogant tossers but I hope we don't come across these small time fuckers again any time soon.

Snide wankers on the pitch who can stay in the lower leagues and I can't help but dislike any fans still co-opting that fucking Viking clap. Completely unreasonable take I'm well aware, but I'll own it.

You have to blame the refs down there for encouraging this sort of nonsense. It was like something from the 1990's.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I was particularly disappointed in Dummett, Longstaff, Willock, Murphy, Ritchie and I'll give Wood a pass because he got the winning goal, but he was poor too really.

Willock was absolutely fine. One of the few that handled their cuntery quite well I thought.

Longstaff surprised me. I thought that would be a game made for him to shine