Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Sorry, Willock was the worst player for us on the pitch with Burn and Wood (at least in the first 45). It's not even debatable. Doesn't seem to care at all.

Longstaff was really poor I thought. Takes so many touches and rubbish floated balls to the wings

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Negatives: We could've won it at the death, maybe some more injuries.

Positives: Still unbeaten despite being short of our two best players. 

One thing I loved is that the Wolves No.9 clearly had that stupid fucking eye patch on all game ready to wear to celebrate. And he did. And it was disallowed......Womp womp. [emoji38]

An entertaining match, would watch again.

Don't think he was wearing that just to wear to celebrate like :lol:

We are already 4 points better off than we where from the same or equivalent games last season. We have played City at home and 2 really solid premier league teams away from home and not at full strength. We remain unbeaten and will hopefully bring in a couple more this week.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Longstaff was really poor I thought. Takes so many touches and rubbish floated balls to the wings

Thought he was ok for the first 45. He's clearly not talented enough, but he was everywhere for the first 25 minutes. His second half was a ridiculously poor showing, but that's because he was trying to do stuff he's not comfortable doing. I think he's ok if he's told to run and just keep the passing simple and not trying to do Bruno passes. Willock on the other hand, is clearly talented, but the game just passes him by. 

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Confirms we were the better team.

Also that Anderson really did contribute just as much as Willock in an attacking sense in the space of about 10 minutes. 

Very much highlights that woods PASSHUN is not worth fuck all as well.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Willock was shit man. I know you like him, but he doesn't fucking do anything. He's supposed to be a forward thinking player making things happen for the team, and ultimately that is where we struggled the most. Anderson starts that or comes on sooner and we win this game.

Longstaff had his clumsy moments, but for the most part we controlled midfield and had them under control defensively in there, which are largely his main responsibilities in that deeper position.

I think you're being overly harsh, possibly because you're expecting something from him I wouldn't. Willock for me is a presser who wins things back, drives us forward, and yes should be more of a goal threat.

He did the first 2 parts well today, and was a threat in that one moment and absolutely should have buried his chance. Wolves are horrible to play against though, I thought we really struggled to work out how to create anything.

Longstaff was not showing for the ball, in the wrong positions, dawdling on the ball, making the wrong decisions, misplacing passes, getting caught in position. Schar kept having to resort to long diagonals because Longstaff went AWOL. We didn't really control the midfield imo, we pressed high up and dominated in the wide areas instead, with Trippier especially seeing loads of the ball.

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I disagree, we had way more fouls against us that just weren't given when they clearly should, including a blatant pen for the shirt/arm pull on Longstaff. It's nice though that we're in a position where I feel I can see matches like this as two missed points.

definitely nice. shows how far we’ve come. I think they looked more dangerous on the break in first half into 2nd until subs .. but we looked stronger on ball, despite not doing much with it in terms of goals. overall an unstoppable goal a piece. 

Dominated them in every way, unlucky with the goal against us, millimetres and it could’ve been blocked. Shows how far we’ve come to go to Wolves and play like that, without key players and deserving to win. Should’ve had a penalty, no question, Anderson unlucky not to score. A great point, only disappointment is it wasn’t 3 points, everyone battling and not hiding, even when things go against us. 

Just now, Flip said:

Sorry, Willock was the worst player for us on the pitch with Burn and Wood (at least in the first 45). It's not even debatable. Doesn't seem to care at all.

People just hate Longstaff man :lol:

I don't understand what they are watching.

At the very least he makes blocks, interceptions and wins the ball back. In that deeper position he keeps it simple and gets it to the forward players. Today the forward players did nothing with the ball. 

Willock hardly contributes to build up play as he's always making forward runs too early, I even noticed Schar gesturing at him to make himself available for the ball when he was trying to play it out from the back today. When he does eventually get the ball higher up the pitch he is very unconvincing and hardly ever makes anything happen.

Anderson comes on for 10 mins and hits the post by hustling to get on the end of that flick on at the far post. he then runs at their defence and wins a dangerous free kick at the end that could have won us the game. In general he was just present, and got on the ball and was involved in build up play too.

Under no circumstances should Willock be starting. If we don't get another CM, Longstaff should be in there ahead of him or Anderson. He is the new Jermaine Jenas.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Very much highlights that woods PASSHUN is not worth fuck all as well.

He is completely anonymous. 

We are going to have to throw Isak straight in at the deep end!

22 minutes ago, JB said:

I'm not sure anyone knows why Schär took it :lol:

If the free kick had been further out Trippier would have taken it, do none of the people not understanding why Trippier didn't want to take it watch or understand football?

5 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

Regardless of the actual arguments that's a grown bloke going on like that.

He's got kids hasn't he? if he was my dad i think i'd top myself. 

Hope he gets bombarded and blocks the 99% of Newcastle fans..the absolute toss pot.