Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

How many games into the season can we get whilst still saying "we've been unlucky not to get something/win" .

At some point it becomes impossible to admit its not a problem with ourselves rather than just bemoaning bad luck.

23 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

image.jpeg.f4fabf9e48a24582f4e5fd778e90cb3f.jpeg

I think this is the angriest I’ve seen the crowd at a refereeing decision. The atmosphere stayed angry for the rest of the game too iirc. 

David Luiz hauling down Demba Ba for a clear red would be up there. 

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

How many games into the season can we get whilst still saying "we've been unlucky not to get something/win" .

At some point it becomes impossible to admit its not a problem with ourselves rather than just bemoaning bad luck.

Great post if there was absolutely no context with the run of games and all. Fairly poor otherwise.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Was discussing the disallowed goal with a Palace fan. Apparently it was "good defending" by Mitchell and a "slight touch". He wasn't on the wind up either.

He put the ball in his own net ffs :lol:

27 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

image.jpeg.f4fabf9e48a24582f4e5fd778e90cb3f.jpeg

I think this is the angriest I’ve seen the crowd at a refereeing decision. The atmosphere stayed angry for the rest of the game too iirc. 

Didn’t we have a few years in a row where we just kept getting fucked over by the refs, every time we played them?

Angriest I’ve seen SJP was after “that” Burton penalty. I remember being completely flabbergasted at what I had just seen. 

Was in L7 today and they showed the replay on the “big” screen of the goal. Could see from the 1 angle they showed that it should’ve counted. The fact it was correctly called and then changed due to VAR is absolutely crazy. Hope Mason finds his lass getting bucked by his brother tonight. 

31 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

One major positive I've noticed is how dangerous we appear to be from set penises with both our physicality and of course Trippier. 

Not seen us pose as much of a threat since SBR days. 

Edit: Fuck the ref

Unfortunately though, late on we put one towards Dan Burn who - as per - mistimed his jump :lol:

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

13 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Unfortunately though, late on we put one towards Dan Burn who - as per - mistimed his jump :lol:

[emoji38] absolute paradox how he's so poor in the air. Heads the ball like his neck is made of wafers

49 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Was discussing the disallowed goal with a Palace fan. Apparently it was "good defending" by Mitchell and a "slight touch". He wasn't on the wind up either.

Tbf, at least from what I saw it kind of was slight contact. I'll have to watch the youtube highlights (or lowlights for this particular run of play).

4 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Feel really angry about that match, more than I normally would.

We looked well coached but ultimately not good enough going forward. I thought midfield was where we lost the key battle. Joelinton was great, Longstaff had moments but was far too slow and safe most of the time, Willock was generally fucking wank - far, far, far too passive considering all the talents he has. The massive Bruno-shaped hole was telling, missing someone who gets things moving and takes risks.

Learning curve for Isak as well. Had flashes of quality but I felt he didn't try to get on the ball enough and influence the game.

Atmosphere was absolutely crap. Whole thing felt flat bar some charged moments based on refereeing decisions.

Agree with everything ?. Except atmosphere felt loud and responsive where I was. 

Well I have just seen our disallowed goal...

So, an opposition player can push you which results in you colliding with the keeper, whilst their player puts the ball in his own net, and it gets chalked off for a foul.

That is an absolutely horrific decision by the officials.