West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

They cancelled Liverpool away when Diana died, I’m guessing same for Queenie.

Sorry for those who are genuinely upset about all this, but the first thing that popped into my mind is that it gives Bruno, ASM and Wilson an extra week to recover.  And maybe a Bank Holiday for us too (even here in Oz)

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Makes no sense cancelling a football match due to the queen dying mind , like fair enough if people want to mourn they can but why should everything be cancelled ?

It’s daft, and it’s taken my fix for the weekend - but we should be getting a day’s public holiday at least.

And hopefully a vote on the monarchy at some point soon.  Can’t imagine George VII (or whatever Charlie’s regnal name ends up being) being overly popular

Operation London Bridge apparently details 9 days of mourning. In 9 days time is the Bournemouth game, absolute joke if that's postponed too. I'm aware no crowds were permitted then but there was just a minutes silence and armbands when Phillip died, all that's required. Especially in such a congested season.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Operation London Bridge apparently details 9 days of mourning. In 9 days time is the Bournemouth game, absolute joke if that's postponed too. I'm aware no crowds were permitted then but there was just a minutes silence and armbands when Phillip died, all that's required. Especially in such a congested season.

That would be utterly ridiculous.  How many days off work do most people get when their granny dies?