West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I think our claim to 'fuck up other week' is stronger, the West Ham one is bad but they would have been claiming a pen for similar contact if bowen had nicked the ball past Mendy and dived.   Still a shit decision but ours was shitter [emoji38] in the VAR toilet

40 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Has Wilson ever been back when expected?!

That's precisely why it was so important to get Isak through the door. Now it doesn't feel as desperate to have him back, I'm more concerned about the RW slot. You could play Miggy or Fraser there, but I guess Miggy will get the nod as he is still more of an asset without the end product than Fraser.

There couldn't be a worse game for us after the recent disgraceful decisions conning us out of points...West Ham away. If any team is gonna suffer from refereeing/VAR decisions against them in this game, it won't be the home team. I'm expecting the worst already tbh.

Edited by Sean

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Need Almiron as a 10, Anderson starting Left side, where Bristol fans said he played his best. ASM.on the right. I'm sure not everyone is available, but if they were, this could be a our strongest side minus Wilson.

Screenshot_20220905-230634_Chrome.jpg

Quite like this. 

2 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Although I quite like that formation too I don't see Howe deviating from what he's mostly played 

Though I reckon if we got Maddison then we might have seen that but for now he'll stick to 4-3-3, especially in away games 

I wish we had got Maddison, and I think Maddison wishes we got Maddison at this point!

Edited by doublecrown

I think a game of interest to the coaching team will West Ham 0-2 Brighton. 

West Ham looked really vulnerable to the counter attack. Brighton were able to play through the Rice-Soucek double pivot and Welbeck and Trossard in particular caused chaos running at Coufal and Kehrer. 

Having Bruno back for this will be key. He's the only one capable of playing those line breaking passes.

If we defend our set pieces well and set ourselves up to counter, I think we could well turn these over.

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

West Ham looked really vulnerable to the counter attack. Brighton were able to play through the Rice-Soucek double pivot and Welbeck and Trossard in particular caused chaos running at Coufal and Kehrer. 

Having Bruno back for this will be key. He's the only one capable of playing those line breaking passes.

If we defend our set pieces well and set ourselves up to counter, I think we could well turn these over.

This is going to get tiresome over a season. If Bruno is our only hope than we better get a creative passer in January so we can by without him, even if it means selling one of our other non creative CMs i.e. Longstaff or Willock.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

This is going to get tiresome over a season. If Bruno is our only hope than we better get a creative passer in January so we can by without him, even if it means selling one of our other non creative CMs i.e. Longstaff or Willock.

Longstaff is great to bring on with ten mins remaining to see out a game defensively. He offers very average attacking intent and gets dispossed far too often for me.

Willock i like, but at the moment I am thinking Elliot could offer more to us than him, but perhaps it would require a system change as he seems to prefer the left hand side...

It would be interesting to see:

-----------------Pope-----------------

Tripps------Schar------Botman-----Target

---------Bruno-----------Big joe---------

--Miggy----------Elliot A--------ASM

---------------ISAK---------------------

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

Longstaff is great to bring on with ten mins remaining to see out a game defensively. He offers very average attacking intent and gets dispossed far too often for me.

Willock i like, but at the moment I am thinking Elliot could offer more to us than him, but perhaps it would require a system change as he seems to prefer the left hand side...

I'm a bit worried people are expecting too much of Elliott. In the games he's played so far, he's looked very positive and direct, but it's a big jump up in levels for him, and he's finding it as hard to deliver end product as all the others.

7 hours ago, doublecrown said:

I wish we had got Maddison, and I think Maddison wishes we got Maddison at this point!

He could have forced it abit more like fofana did. I think he was waiting for one of the "top 6" to come in for him to be honest

Mind I think that ships sailed for him now

Edited by jack j

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm a bit worried people are expecting too much of Elliott. In the games he's played so far, he's looked very positive and direct, but it's a big jump up in levels for him, and he's finding it as hard to deliver end product as all the others.

Aye, for me it is to swap him and willock depending on how the game is going... little by little bring him in and build his confidence...

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

He could have forced it abit more like fofana did. I think he was waiting for one of the "top 6" to come in for him to be honest

Mind I think that ships sailed for him now

I said that in the Maddison thread. Never thought he showed he wanted it enough, there was talk that he preferred a move south, although no idea if that is true or not. In any case, he needs to pull his finger out and help Leicester up the table. Or alternatively he could go into holiday mode and leave on a reduced fee next year.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Now you have prophesied, let it be so 🤞