West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

The decision was made years ago. No sporting events allowed during the 10 days of mourning. 

Says who?  There's a 10 day plan leading up to the funeral.  But where is it stated that no sporting events will be played during that time?

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Operation London Bridge 

Operation London Bridge was if she died in London

Because she passed in Scotland its either Operation Unicorn (Corpse transported on the Royal Train) or Operation Oversight (The Royal Remains are transported by air)

Both add an extra day to the official mourning period

Just now, Teasy said:

Says who?  There's a 10 day plan leading up to the funeral.  But where is it stated that no sporting events will be played during that time?

You would need to read the plans for operation London Bridge, although this is actually operation unicorn as she passed in Scotland.

the 10 days is apparently in the protocol. 

1 minute ago, Elbel1 said:

Operation London Bridge was if she died in London

Because she passed in Scotland its either Operation Unicorn (Corpse transported on the Royal Train) or Operation Oversight (The Royal Remains are transported by air)

Both add an extra day to the official mourning period

Both running together. 9 days starts tomorrow. 

Bournemouth off as well. 

2 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

You would need to read the plans for operation London Bridge, although this is actually operation unicorn as she passed in Scotland.

the 10 days is apparently in the protocol. 

So you've read the full plan then?

1 minute ago, FLUMPO235 said:

No only parts.

Whey the bits I've read talk about a 10 day period after her death that culminates in her funeral.  But I can't find any mention of no sports events for the full 10 day period.

Boxing off at the weekend will fucking piss me right off.

Edited by Teasy

All next weeks games will be cancelled also then as the funeral will fall on a weekend. Don’t understand what cancelling them actually achieve. She was 96 had a great life we should be celebrating her life not making everyone miserable. 

Just now, Teasy said:

Whey the bits I've read talk about a 10 day period after her death that culminates in her funeral.  But I can't find any mention of no sports events for the full 10 day period.

I’ve only seen brief parts sent to us at work due to our jobs. It Might be wrong. Says all major events including sporting should be cancelled. Although other people on here seem to have a better understanding than me. I read it a dozen times and couldn’t figure out if the mourning stated today or tomorrow. 

nonpoint guessing, I’m sure the fa will have their own written and agreed protocol they will do. 

2 games to be moved and instead played midweek in an already congested season, causing hassle for working class people up and down the country in the midst of a cost of living crisis who've already forked out for travel, tickets and hotels so we can watch a funeral costing millions in taxpayer money. Champion. God save the king.

6 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

All next weeks games will be cancelled also then as the funeral will fall on a weekend. Don’t understand what cancelling them actually achieve. She was 96 had a great life we should be celebrating her life not making everyone miserable. 

Yes.  Pretty sure she would have wanted all Premier League games to go  ahead.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

2 games to be moved and instead played midweek in an already congested season, causing hassle for working class people up and down the country in the midst of a cost of living crisis who've already forked out for travel, tickets and hotels so we can watch a funeral costing millions in taxpayer money. Champion. God save the king.

Bang on the head that 

Shambles it is