West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

20 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Call it London Bridge or Unicorn. Its already written. 

Funeral a week tomoz. 

We won't be playing Bournemouth 

As for what happens in between that'll be down to the Gvt and the media. 

Individual bodies will be told its up to them but the frenzy of handwringing will dictate there'll be no outriders. 

Cancel 9 days. 

So what’s every fucker doing on their 9 days off to mourn? Far to long.

The thing is if the Premier League go ahead and the EFL doesn’t, the Premier League look like bad guys. The EFL have already started their way on their path by postponing tonight’s games. Team who are due to play tonight would be upset if tomorrows games are allowed to go ahead.

At that point you then have to question if tonight’s games should be played over the weekend.

In reality the first domino has already fell.

I genuinely cannot believe they are looking to cancel this weekend's games man. I'm so confused :lol:

I mean ... is everything else going to be closed down too? Or every other public event? Shopping as well? Why specifically sporting events?

I mean, the funeral isn't even this weekend. Anyone understand the thinking behind it?

8 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

So what’s every fucker doing on their 9 days off to mourn? Far to long.

Ha, no one's off at all. Might be a Bank Holiday bone thrown at the plebs but the top and bottom of it is mental gymnastics for the masses. 

Bless the old girl. Even in death she's being used. 

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I genuinely cannot believe they are looking to cancel this weekend's games man. I'm so confused :lol:

I mean ... is everything else going to be closed down too? Or every other public event? Shopping as well? Why specifically sporting events?

I mean, the funeral isn't even this weekend. Anyone understand the thinking behind it?

People can’t be seen to be enjoying themselves, some 90 odd year old women died man!

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's like poppygate on steroids, a competition for who can be seen being the most respectful™ only this time it's to someone born into privilege and at the expense of a majority of people who couldn't give a fuck.

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I’ve seen a few bits of “I can’t believe people are carrying on as normal” handwringing this morning. 

I’m not sure what the expectation is? Life is fucking miserable enough at the moment without expecting people to forego all leisure activity to sit in front of BBC News for the next week and a half. Not like we’re getting ten days off work either.

7 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Funeral is next Monday so we’d only lose one MNF. Belta.

Surprisingly sensible guidance, I hope the PL and EFL take note. Crack on, minutes silence, black armbands, all that - and just move the MNF game. Easy.

2 minutes ago, christ said:

I’ve seen a few bits of “I can’t believe people are carrying on as normal” handwringing this morning. 

I’m not sure what the expectation is? Life is fucking miserable enough at the moment without expecting people to forego all leisure activity to sit in front of BBC News for the next week and a half. Not like we’re getting ten days off work either.

Man, that is so weird. What does that even mean?!

When the people closest to us pass, most of the time we're expected to push through it, and we're grateful for anything that can take our mind off it for a few hours. 

For the most part the woman lived a comfortable life to a good age. It was not a tragic passing by any means, compared to Princess Diana's for example, which was so shocking at the time.

Now we can't even just kick back this weekend, unwind and enjoy one of our favourite pastimes after a working week. It's like they're trying to force us to be as miserable as possible about it.

Very very strange this whole thing.

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Surprisingly sensible guidance, I hope the PL and EFL take note. Crack on, minutes silence, black armbands, all that - and just move the MNF game. Easy.

100% agree

55 minutes ago, KaKa said:

All I know is I’m still in fucking work.