Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

Genuinely believe it was all mental with Shola. Not saying he would have been an amazing footballer but so many games he looked worse than a semi-pro footballer and then he’d have some occasional quality moments. Don’t know if there’s a player that’s played for Newcastle that’s annoyed me more than him but I don’t dislike him 

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

It's about 20 mins from Amsterdam. Its the one part of the world I've travelled more than the UK, and that is far from rural Holland.

I never had much trouble in my youth finding a coffeeshop, even up by the islands in the North.

There are coffeeshops aplenty, but I’d certainly call that neck of the woods rural, even if it is not far from Amsterdam.

11 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

There are coffeeshops aplenty, but I’d certainly call that neck of the woods rural, even if it is not far from Amsterdam.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm thinking abit extreme when I think of rural Holland, like a Terschelling or somewhere like that.

Where are you based out of interest (jealousy)?

Edited by BonesJones

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Fair enough. Maybe I'm thinking abit extreme when I think of rural Holland, like a Terschelling or somewhere like that.

Where are you based out of interest (jealousy)?

Schiedam, outskirts of Rotterdam

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

I dream of a Shola free NUFC one day. The fucking fraud.

You ever meet him? Nicest fella out there. Absolutely amazing person. He's not a fucking fraud. Is he capable as a loan manager? No clue, but you're sorely wrong if you think he's in charge of where players go. It's Ashworth's final decision and contacts in terms of where they go.

I know people here love throwing pelters at Shola and won't listen to a word I've written here. 

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

You ever meet him? Nicest fella out there. Absolutely amazing person. He's not a fucking fraud. Is he capable as a loan manager? No clue, but you're sorely wrong if you think he's in charge of where players go. It's Ashworth's final decision and contacts in terms of where they go.

I know people here love throwing pelters at Shola and won't listen to a word I've written here. 

My understanding of a loan manager is he identifies potential destinations. I would imagine a final decision is made by committee with Ashworth making the final call.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Get fucked. He stole a living from this club as a player and he's still stealing a living now.

16 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Get fucked. He stole a living from this club as a player and he's still stealing a living now.

I feel like that is, maybe, only slightly, a massive overreaction :lol: 

Nowt against Shola here like. Decent enough for every manager we had, granted most were wank, and scored a fair few goals. 

So fuck if he towed the party line, as well as Jamal, under Ashley. Like you'd go mouthing off about your employer all over social media 🤔

Go on gobshites, try it 😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Nowt against Shola here like. Decent enough for every manager we had, granted most were wank, and scored a fair few goals. 

So fuck if he towed the party line, as well as Jamal, under Ashley. Like you'd go mouthing off about your employer all over social media 🤔

Go on gobshites, try it 😂😂😂😂😂

Also would have had more if it weren't for injuries and I've never seen a player fouled so much and getvso little for it.

:lol: I don't have a crazy affinity to Shola but love Skeletor's venomous hatred for him.

I've said it before but I refuse to believe he has genuine authority over where players go. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in more of an ambassadorial/admin role, being the face/contact once loan destinations have been identified.

Edited by wormy