Garang Kuol

Johnny

3 minutes ago, LV said:

He still there or no?

I’d def be more happy if he was involved. 

Most recently at Spurs when they head Nuno

Now working in Saudi with Al-Ittihad

Edited by Jack27

22 minutes ago, LV said:

Im finding myself disappointed that he’s not going somewhere on the continent for a bit 

Who’s on the coaching team at Hearts? Haven’t had a chance to look it up 

Paul Gallagher, Gordon Forrest, Lee McCulloch, Jake Sheard, Bob Mccunn and Mikey Williams 

2 hours ago, Gorgie1874 said:

Hearts fan here. Would be a good move for him, not too far away from Newcastle, with 3 Aussie team mates and will play in a far more physically intense league than the championship or the A league. 

Also will play in bigger games than any in the championship, Hearts Vs Hibs, Hearts Vs Celtic and Hearts Vs Rangers. Has a realistic chance of getting to Hampden at least once too. 

A loan till the end of the season would be sensible, perhaps with an option to extend for another 12 months seeing  as it’s a very high chance we’ll have European group stage football. 

P.S having looked through their squad, Hearts would absolutely hammer Middlesbrough. 

Keep us up to date.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Shola is fucking robbing a living.

Par for the course, no? I mean, he’s probably more of a chaperone to the younger players and reporting into Ashworth on their status.

He’s always been a humble guy, down to earth type and I’m sure the players appreciate a former player helping them adjust to the club/area/etc.

Most important thing for the kid is to get minutes. No sense in him going to Hearts, or anywhere really, to sit on their bench the rest of the season. Hopefully they actually play him.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

56 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Most important thing for the kid is to get minutes. No sense in him going to Hearts, or anywhere really, to sit on their bench the rest of the season. Hopefully they actually play him.

Should get plenty of games. We play with a pretty interchangeable front 3. 

Shankland who scores all our goals is more of a number 10 right now. Ginnelly up top and McKay also as a 10. 

5 subs and plenty of games should see him get game time. Ginnelly whilst on good form will be the obvious player to miss out for the young Aussie. Shankland the only real one that is properly nailed (will play 90 mins every week just about). 

We are set to sign a young Japanese lad but believe we are going to take our time with him. 

Alan Forrest who was signed as a winger has played wing back. So there’s only really Shankland, McKay, Ginnelly and Humphrys to compete with. 

2 hours ago, wormy said:

I love that we're making such a logical decision rather than punting him to the first League 1 or 2 side that come knocking.

@Optimistic Nut Do you get to games? Will we get exclusive updates on his progress? :aww:

Try and get up 2-3 times a year but not since Covid. Will definitely head up second half of the season now though.

3 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

I was lead to believe Garang Kuol wasnt able to play in England. due to not qualifying through the points system ie internationals he has played.

Just discovered the following.

NEWS

Garang Kuol receives UK work permit ahead of flying out of Australia on Tuesday – Report

1 MIN AGO

NO COMMENTS

Garang Kuol signed off from football in Australia on New Year’s Eve.

AD

A truly whirlwind three and a half months coming to a close and a new chapter in his career opening.

In these recent months, Garang Kuol has turned 18, signed for Newcastle United, made his debut for Australia, started his first ever games in club league football, played against France and Mbappe, Argentina and Messi, at the Qatar World Cup…and now he is getting on a plane to Newcastle Upon Tyne.

On New Year’s Eve it was the perfect end to his time at Central Coast Mariners, Garang Kuol making it three wins in three A-League career starts as they beat Melbourne Victory to go second in the table.

Now the Australian media have reported that Garang Kuol HAS received his UK work permit ahead of flying out of Australia to begin his new football career.

With ftbl.com.au (The home of football in Australia) stating that the fact Garang Kuol went to the World Cup and played in matches in Qatar, helped tip the balance in getting that UK work permit so quickly.

4 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I once had a very disappointing meal at some trendyish restaurant not too far from there. Arrived about 2 hours late and was nothing special

Is that near Greyfriars Bobby? That bit looks familiar, anyway.

13 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Is that near Greyfriars Bobby? That bit looks familiar, anyway.

In fairness I don't know the place well enough for names lol I remember the route i walked and the layout just about but starting to have doubts lol