Newcastle United 1-1 Bournemouth (17/08/2022)

jack j

5 minutes ago, Numbers said:

We don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries...

We demand a team that wins every game comfortably or there will be some muckle amounts of knee jerk.

Is it knew jerk to expect a little more against on paper the poorest team in the league? Apart from the shot bonanaza before half time we barely tested the keeper. Would have been disappointed by this under Ashley

4 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Teams who win the toss have been doing that to us for as long as I can remember. 

We must have won a lot of tosses over the years then as it's only recently we've been turned around at kick off so frequently

Just now, nufc123 said:

Is it knew jerk to expect a little more against on paper the poorest team in the league? Apart from the shot bonanaza before half time we barely tested the keeper. Would have been disappointed by this under Ashley

Would you really have?

We had 73% possession and Bournemouth sat off us knowing how dangerous we are. That alone was a pipe dream under Ashley 

12 minutes ago, Numbers said:

We don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries...

We demand a team that wins every game comfortably or there will be some muckle amounts of knee jerk.

Is this the new dumbfuck answer that people use to try to discredit or if anyone is slightly negative. DURRHURR TEM DAT WANS KOMFARBABTLY.

I mean if one look at the stats, we should honestly have won it. But we actually have players so shit that when they try, it doesnt even look like they do or they just dont belong playing in the league and one ends up with groans and moans because its clear for anyone to see that with the slightest of improvement and by that I mean players that actually belong in the league the game(s) would have shifted in to something. Now is that the players fault that we have been fucked in the ass by Mike Ashley for so many years? No not really, but the venting will come. I dont see anyone actually say we need to win this game 9-0 like Liverpool. But this is the sort of game we should be winning, yes.

As annoyed and disappointed as I was watching live, there's a few positives, and perhaps a crumb of comfort. This Bournemouth side isn't as bad as it was under Parker, that much is obvious. They came for the draw. Whilst frustrating, we'll have to deal with this from now on, and that's actually a good thing. For too long, SJP has been another fixture teams looked at with a shrug of the shoulders. Likely to get a result. Since last season, that narrative has changed. It's a big step in the right direction. 

My only real gripe is that we didn't sign a winger in the summer, which was the clear and obvious weakness we had. However I know fuck all of how transfers actually work, so it's not as easy as I presume, I'm sure. I would expect we'll address this in January, and there's still every chance we have a good season. As long as relegation is never on our radar this season, I'm happy. 

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

We needed to prioritise a quality wide player last window. I think it was a major error to not bring in an option, even on loan.

Our best players have proven to be susceptible to injury, so the lack of squad depth shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone at the club.

100% correct.

8 minutes ago, worthy said:

Is this the new dumbfuck answer that people use to try to discredit or if anyone is slightly negative. DURRHURR TEM DAT WANS KOMFARBABTLY.

I mean if one look at the stats, we should honestly have won it. But we actually have players so shit that when they try, it doesnt even look like they do or they just dont belong playing in the league and one ends up with groans and moans because its clear for anyone to see that with the slightest of improvement and by that I mean players that actually belong in the league the game(s) would have shifted in to something. Now is that the players fault that we have been fucked in the ass by Mike Ashley for so many years? No not really, but the venting will come. I dont see anyone actually say we need to win this game 9-0 like Liverpool. But this is the sort of game we should be winning, yes.

So did the club/team not try today?

Another one who’s happy to say the atmosphere was dogshit today.

I really want Willock to do well but I’m struggling to see anything he offers to the side whatsoever. He’s just there. When he gets out wide every cross is bobbins. A foot off the ground and cleared.

Also not sure what’s going on with Beg Jow. Everything just bobbles off his shins.

We know we’re missing quality in a couple of positions, and depth in a couple as well. No surprises or drama to see. Even add an average ASM performance and I think we win this game. Unfortunate, but that is where we are at. We are not going to win all the winnable games. 

24 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Disappointed. Thought we passed it fairly well but we did very little in final third. Bournemouth worked hard tbf - they were a bit better than I expected.

I'm not panicking but we could really do with beating Fulham.

Not a dig at you, but I don't think Bournemouth are as shite as some seem to be rating them. They started today level on points with us and had won more games :lol:

I just couldn't believe how defensively they set up, like they were playing Man City.

Bit toys out of the pram but already a bit bored by this season. Already feels massively like a transition season where we're nailed on for midtable. Just hoping we can have a good go at the cup competitions tbh.

We're in an awkward position now where teams are coming to SJP and treating us like a big club and looking to frustrate to get a draw. But we still have an Ashley squad in terms of attacking options so are easily held at arm's length.

Today was the first really bad result Eddie's had since the Watford and Cambridge debacles.

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Bit toys out of the pram but already a bit bored by this season. Already feels massively like a transition season where we're nailed on for midtable. Just hoping we can have a good go at the cup competitions tbh.

We're in an awkward position now where teams are coming to SJP and treating us like a big club and looking to frustrate to get a draw. But we still have an Ashley squad in terms of attacking options so are easily held at arm's length.

Today was the first really bad result Eddie's had since the Watford and Cambridge debacles.

Everton away was pretty horrendous

36 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Been to all 4 home games this season and that was the worst of the lot. Very predictable and didn't look like scoring. Really miss ASM. We need another like him in January.

I’ve always hated the idea of wide players who ‘work hard’ - and we’ve spent 15+ years accumulating that type of rubbish with two notable exceptions. Unpredictability is everything and, as you say, we need another like ASM.