Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Have never seen any game as a guaranteed three points. 

Just buzzing for this. You're overrating yourselves and underrating us. The way this thread is reading it's like you feel you're the favourites. :lol:

I love it. 

Haven't read through the thread, but I get it if we're a bit optimistic.  We usually come down there as massive underdogs but the general consensus is that we'll give you a tough time, I'll take that over the expectations on previous visits. 

For once in a long time, we won't roll over. 

I’m looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can get a result at a tricky ground and they are bang on in form right now too. But hey, we’ve been quite good over last two and momentum seems to building for us too. Can’t wait! 

I don't think any of us are going into these games thinking we're favourites. Its more that we just don't (and shouldn't) fear anyone. We can put it right up against anyone and proved it against Liverpool and more so against City. Every team who wants to beat us has to be at their best and not in cruising in 1st gear for 90 minutes like previous years and its great to see. 

9 hours ago, Froggy said:

Just buzzing for this. You're overrating yourselves and underrating us. The way this thread is reading it's like you feel you're the favourites. :lol:

I love it. 

We've lost 1 in our last 11 league games and we're playing a team 1 position and 1 point ahead of us. The only two teams to beat us in our last 17 games are Man City & Liverpool.

You're naturally favourites but we've every reason to feel confident of getting a result.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I love it. 

You guys are also doing the same - a Man U fan I work with said to me “your away form is terrible so we’ll be fine” when I told him it wasn’t and this season  away games we’ve won 1, drawn 2 and only lost 1 (controversially to a 97th minute goal at anfield) - he replied that I was wrong and “he knows better because he study’s man u’s opponents form”.

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We've lost 1 in our last 11 league games and we're playing a team 1 position and 1 point ahead of us. The only two teams to beat us in our last 17 games are Man City & Liverpool.

You're naturally favourites but we've every reason to feel confident of getting a result.

Reading things like this - still can’t believe it’s about our team to be honest. Sometimes I pinch myself to make sure it’s real.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Reading things like this - still can’t believe it’s about our team to be honest. Sometimes I pinch myself to make sure it’s real.

Everton away the only club outside of last season's top 5 to beat us in 2022. Leicester & Everton away the only two clubs outside those five to beat us the last calendar year.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I love it. 

You’ve spent enough time on here to know the shite we’ve had to endure under Ashley. A club that tried its hardest not to be competitive. 

We’ve finally got a club that we can be proud of. Early days but we’re performing excellently on the pitch and we’ll have a go at beating anyone. 

Of course you’re favourites against us at home, but for once we should be able to give you a proper game and have a sense of optimism. We’re buzzing for that too. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Everton away the only club outside of last season's top 5 to beat us in 2022. Leicester & Everton away the only two clubs outside those five to beat us the last calendar year.

Please stop now otherwise I’m gonna be ravaging my wife and she’s currently making bacon sandwiches so I don’t want to interrupt.

Yeah, I think the best way to put is - discounting any referee/VAR fuckery - if we're at our best, Man United will need to be at their best to get a result. If we're not, they won't. 

Nothing overconfident or arrogant about that.

Edited by Kid Icarus

They have beaten Liverpool and Arsenal at home like , fair enough they were massively outplayed by Arsenal but still beat them . It’s great being optimistic going to Old Trafford for a change but look at the ridiculous amount of money they have spent on that team compared to ours. They have wasted a lot of money but still have some decent players and I still see them as favourites and would still take a point right now if it’s offered .

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Unless they pump us by 5 or 6, the lowest we end this weekend is 7th. As long as we turn up and give it a game, a loss isn't the end of the world.

i used to think like this , not anymore, fuck that we should be disappointed if we don’t get anything .

8 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Not sure of his source but...

Hope this is bullshit.

If it's true, I don't understand what is going on with these prolonged injuries.  How many times have we heard it's minor niggle and they've gone on to spend a month out.  It's a bit weird.

29 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Hope this is bullshit.

If it's true, I don't understand what is going on with these prolonged injuries.  How many times have we heard it's minor niggle and they've gone on to spend a month out.  It's a bit weird.

Well most of them have been during transfer windows so not really a smart move to tell clubs how long certain players are out for when trying to buy cover etc.

Anyway it could be just a red herring. Hopefully on the bench as expected.